Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Well..I officially lamed out.

I pulled the plug on my opening Weekend trip on Thurs. 8 hrs driving each way for 3 days of hunting in what looks to be pretty miserable conditions just didn’t make sense. Staying here in UT for the last weekend of rifle deer instead. Will look to get to MT another weekend prior to a weeklong hunt there with my son over Thanksgiving. He’s bringing a friend who has never hunted, so looking forward to introducing a newbie to the world of wild things and wild places.

Good luck to all the adventurous souls who braved the elements this weekend!

I looked out the window, saw high winds and ent back to bed as well.

About 10 the wind calmed, and we got started. Saw one nice buck with afterburners on run by, and another one too far away. a couple of little does came and looked at me. 15 at 300yds. Gotta go

Since when does a little weather scare people away from hunting? mtmuley
It’s not the when, it’s the what. And the what is experience. I would rather not spend time digging myself, or someone else, out of a drift. I have other days. Because that option is open to me, I will exercise it. If I had planned a trip, well, my answer may change.

It’s not the when, it’s the what. And the what is experience. I would rather not spend time digging myself, or someone else, out of a drift. I have other days. Because that option is open to me, I will exercise it. If I had planned a trip, well, my answer may change.
Fair enough. mtmuley

I've been out hunting all day, every day for the last week. The boundaries of today's hunt was limited....plus I wasn't certain I could get out after a day of drifting.
It was the right move.
Back after it Monday.
Good luck Muley.
I get it Hem. Like I told another HT'er. I figure you only get so many bulls. Gotta get after them while you can. Headed back up tomorrow, hope the cold scares more folks away. mtmuley

I get it Hem. Like I told another HT'er. I figure you only get so many bulls. Gotta get after them while you can. Headed back up tomorrow, hope the cold scares more folks away. mtmuley
You are correct. Only so many bulls.
Been on my mind.

One does only get so many opportunities, but I can count on one hand the number opening days I’ve hunted in 25 years.

I slept on the mtn last night in my walmart tent. Woke up to almost 2 feet of snow. Seen 3 does and a spike buck until I headed home at 2 . Thanking God for my fireplace this evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back