Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Welcome Nosler Bullets and Ammunition

I have had ammoseek and nosler alerts on as well as combed the internet countless times for .300 win Mag 180 grain nosler partitions in the past year and a half and I have seen them for sale exactly 1 time. It’s been pretty brutal, thinking I may have to go the way of hornady or another manufacturer that is steadily producing
Are you looking for just the projectile?

Are you looking for just the projectile?
Sadly no, I’m not as handy as many of the folks on here and need someone to make my cartridges for me. Someday I hope to start reloading but it doesn’t seem like that’s much better for components right now

Sadly no, I’m not as handy as many of the folks on here and need someone to make my cartridges for me. Someday I hope to start reloading but it doesn’t seem like that’s much better for components right now
It’s hard to load for someone else without the rifle in hand. Duplicating factory rounds is difficult due to not knowing the powder they used. I would look locally for a reloaded to work with.

The trap club here just yesterday circulated to members a published explanation from Hodgon about their side of the problem. They are trying to keep up but swamped with orders. No, they're not going to build another plant to meet the ridiculous obviously temporary demand caused by multiple factors beyond their control, the most significant being hoarding. Hodgon doesn't have the extraordinary capital needed to build another plant and no bank would give it to them under these conditions. They point out they are just a small operation with less than a hundred employees and a couple of plants (implied one is in Montana). Presumably Hodgon is not publicly traded and wants to stay that way. Good for them. They say no powder is being sold by them through auctions. They only deal with their established retail channels. The implication was if you buy from an auction you are supporting some hoarder who is part (a big part) of the problem. They are not stacking stuff in warehouses to drive up the price. The govt isn't buying it all up (Why? Just for the hell of it?). The notice was essentially a plea for consumers to stop hoarding and help things get back to normal. Hodgon is obviously alarmed at all the conspiracy theories floating around and decided to set the record straight. Yeah, like that will make a difference. America can't subsist on reality any more.

Been doing my best not to feed in to the conspiracies, but I’ve spent nearly two years looking for 7mm-08 E-tips, both at home around Bozeman and the reputable shops online.

Things have gotten slightly better, but 7mm-08 seems generally hard to find, across all manufactures.

I did find some e-tips via AmmoSeek earlier this year, but have not seen the again.

You can get your name on the backorder list and it will get shipped to you as your name works up the list

Forgive my nitpicking, but I am not sure that I see the ability to backorder on their website. (I have not seen it anyway.)

They do have re-stock alerts, but I signed up almost a year ago (and resigned up periodically) and have not received anything from them, sadly.

FWIW, the only Nosler 7mm-08 on their site and the interwebs, in general, seems to be 120g Ballstic Tips.

I really don't want to sound like I'm blaming these companies for the lack of components and ammo. I believe that they're steadily cranking stuff out and that they're not stockpiling, or selling it all the government. I don't blame them. But, I also see signs that this problem is more complicated than just hoarders buying everything up the day before you go into the store. We've all talked to stores that used to have ammo and components in stock, who haven't seen anything in a long time. This forum also offers us a window into how geographically inconsistant this shortage has been. Some locales and some stores are getting alot more ammo and components than others. I think it's true that the main enemy here is hoarding and scalping, but I suspect that some of our ire should be reserved for the middlemen, who direct the supply. I suspect this process is not entirely "fair." And I think that issue of "fairness" is what alot of us are feeling. It's getting old. I'm not trying to hoard anything, it would just be nice to be able to pick up 100 primers and a pound of powder...

I have tried to order from Nosler again, nada. I used to.
I guess I will go back to website and look for list to get on.

Went to local store yesterday that used to carry everything and all brands. Tons. They have an isle with a few boxes now.
I asked about Noslers and she shook her head. None in a year,nada. I asked if any store she knew had gotten any current ammo? None,in bulk like before. "So no one here is buying up all the ammo and sitting on it?" No. I wish.

They did have Win. blue box 150 -06 and Hornandy -06, 168 Girand Match.
Looked like the leftovers that spurtsmen has ads for .
And some off brand 9mm.
I got a box of each. I can always use two legged practice ammo.
I believe I have been trying correctly for over a year and a half.

Years ago, created and account on nosler site

Signed up for alerts for ammo I need

Put same ammo on wishlist
Things have gotten slightly better, but 7mm-08 seems generally hard to find, across all manufactures.

I did find some e-tips via AmmoSeek earlier this year, but have not seen the again.

Forgive my nitpicking, but I am not sure that I see the ability to backorder on their website. (I have not seen it anyway.)

They do have re-stock alerts, but I signed up almost a year ago (and resigned up periodically) and have not received anything from them, sadly.

FWIW, the only Nosler 7mm-08 on their site and the interwebs, in general, seems to be 120g Ballstic Tips.
I assume “backorder” means getting on the notify list, and maybe wish list, both of which I have been on for over a year and a half.

I understand they will sell with or without me, but why have the notify option if your not actually going to do so?

I assume “backorder” means getting on the notify list, and maybe wish list, both of which I have been on for over a year and a half.
Maybe that has changed. In the past you could ask to be on the backorder list by emailing or calling. Maybe they are not doing that anymore, due to how long the list is. I know that last August a friend got their order of 6.5PRC from being on the backorder list.

I will be with them March 8-10th. I will ask what the situation is with backorders.

Maybe that has changed. In the past you could ask to be on the backorder list by emailing or calling. Maybe they are not doing that anymore, due to how long the list is. I know that last August a friend got their order of 6.5PRC from being on the backorder list.

I will be with them March 8-10th. I will ask what the situation is with backorders.
Thanks, Randy. I’ve been on the notify list for almost 1.5 years looking for 180gr e-tips in 300 WinMag. Over that time, I’ve never been notified once. I can’t imagine they haven’t produced any over this time frame? 🤷🏻‍♂️

If ANYBODY, ANYWHERE comes across some 300 WM 180gr BTs PLEASE hit me up!! My Tikka absolutely loves them and I am down to 6 rounds......

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back