Welcome Nosler Bullets and Ammunition

I really don't want to sound like I'm blaming these companies for the lack of components and ammo. I believe that they're steadily cranking stuff out and that they're not stockpiling, or selling it all the government.
I wish I were as optimistic as you.

Ammo manufacturers have come right out and said they will not add capacity, will not invest in infrastructure and hire employees because they believe this won’t last.

They have also figured out that manufacturing less ammo, and charging more is an easier way to hedge their bets, and profit off of FOMO hoarding.

I look at the Nosler site daily, the loaded ammo E-tip Page literally has 8x57 Mauser ammo available, and nothing else. Ditto at sporting good stores.

I hear and see ads for Nosler Ammo, not sure why they’re spending money on advertising something that doesn’t exist.

It does exist. I spent two days at the factory this week. They averaged 550,000 bullets/rounds per day in shipping while I was there. Every person and machine was pumping out parts and components as fast as they could.

B9CFF10C-E20A-43DB-8226-689959137117.jpeg

753F747A-803A-4717-8EC2-17EFC3A07A9C.jpeg

It does exist. I spent two days at the factory this week. They averaged 550,000 bullets/rounds per day in shipping while I was there. Every person and machine was pumping out parts and components as fast as they could.

View attachment 215157

View attachment 215156
Out of curiosity, we’re you able to find out where it’s going?

If not to their own website, or others like Midway, Selway, Cabelas, etc, and not to local stores…..where does it end up?

We’re you able to ask if they are using the “Notify” tool on their website?

Been on the list for 165 AB's in -06 for a while,again. I had a previous on the list position deleted I guess,3 years ago.

Must be nice BF.

Been on the list for 165 AB's in -06 for a while,again. I had a previous on the list position deleted I guess,3 years ago.

Must be nice BF.
Annoying at first, but when someone is quite literally looking at not being able to practice, or even verify that a gun is still on, and in some cases, not be able to hunt at all, it is concerning.

I wonder if anyone has ever been notified by Nosler when an item is in stock?

I understand management being reluctant to ramp up production to hedge against market collapse.
But it seems like it would be a lucrative environment for competitive entrepreneurs to get started in.

I found some E-Tip via AmmoSeek at Skogen's this morning. I bought it. You might try AmmoSeek, if you haven't done so already. I'd prefer to buy it locally, but I haven't seen it on the shelves, so I acted this morning rather than wait any longer.

Out of curiosity, we’re you able to find out where it’s going?

If not to their own website, or others like Midway, Selway, Cabelas, etc, and not to local stores…..where does it end up?

We’re you able to ask if they are using the “Notify” tool on their website?
The inventory is going to all places. They are allocating inventory to all retailers and distributors. No group is getting all they want or have ordered. Just a function of how much demand exists to how much capacity is available. So, it gets allocated from the big guys down to the distributors who supply inventory to the small stores. Very few of these small stores order direct, rather through distributors who have their own policies on allocation. Then you have the amount allocated to the website and the notify list.

As for the notify tool, they did clarify. They got rid of the back order program I was previously aware of and went to the “notify” system. The notify system works like this.

As soon as they have 200 boxes in inventory of said item, they notify the first 100 people in line on the notify list for that item. If any items remain they notify the next and the next.

As for increasing production, that has lots of complications. These are complex manufacturing machines and processes. It takes a huge investment in money and engineering. Additionally there are big issues with qualified labor availability along with a raw material crunch.

Ammunition production capacity is not something you can expand in this raw material and labor market in short order. And doing so, at that huge investment level, comes with a lot of business risk.

The inventory is going to all places. They are allocating inventory to all retailers and distributors. No group is getting all they want or have ordered. Just a function of how much demand exists to how much capacity is available. So, it gets allocated from the big guys down to the distributors who supply inventory to the small stores. Very few of these small stores order direct, rather through distributors who have their own policies on allocation. Then you have the amount allocated to the website and the notify list.

As for the notify tool, they did clarify. They got rid of the back order program I was previously aware of and went to the “notify” system. The notify system works like this.

As soon as they have 200 boxes in inventory of said item, they notify the first 100 people in line on the notify list for that item. If any items remain they notify the next and the next.

As for increasing production, that has lots of complications. These are complex manufacturing machines and processes. It takes a huge investment in money and engineering. Additionally there are big issues with qualified labor availability along with a raw material crunch.

Ammunition production capacity is not something you can expand in this raw material and labor market in short order. And doing so, at that huge investment level, comes with a lot of business risk.
The notification system should be a first come first serve not a wait list. I’ve been waiting for 300 WinMag for 1.5 years to get notified.

I really liked 150 grain Nosler rounds out of my .270. Definitely my preferred ammunition, but haven’t seen a box around in 3 years.

In the meantime I’ve been shooting Winchester and the odd box of federal. Those shoot just fine too. If Nosler ammo shows back up I’ll buy it again, but in the mean time it looks like Nosler is more than making ends meet and my money is being spent elsewhere 🤷‍♂️

Huh? Seems to me expanding has little risk right now. mtmuley
Yes, if conditions stayed this way and there was a reliable/available pool of skilled labor to man the expanded facilities and a reliable source of raw material not subject to interruption by supply chains, pandemics, and world events.

History has shown that there is huge cyclical risk to the hunting and shooting industry. There are plenty of companies who built capacity thinking the trend of the times is going to last forever, only to find out otherwise and compromise their entire business.

Nosler has added multiple new production lines since I had a factory visit and toured the buildings and plants in 2018. I'm sure they wish they could expand and capitalize on the opportunity that currently exists in a way that doesn't represent a huge financial risk. The same as every other ammo and rifle manufacturer.

Huh? Seems to me expanding has little risk right now. mtmuley
Lack of materials
Lack of labor
Design
Permitting
Wait time for equipment
Wait time for construction
Supply shortage of electrical wire and transformers
Maintaining full production during construction and startup
Maintaining current labor
Hiring and training new labor

No risk there….

Annoying at first, but when someone is quite literally looking at not being able to practice, or even verify that a gun is still on, and in some cases, not be able to hunt at all, it is concerning.

I wonder if anyone has ever been notified by Nosler when an item is in stock?
BF apparently...lol
You can't put any orders in your cart to purchase when it does become available and I have never received an e-mail saying it is in stock. Just a let me know when it is available button.
Still waiting without notice that any was available in the last 3 years.

Lack of materials
Lack of labor
Design
Permitting
Wait time for equipment
Wait time for construction
Supply shortage of electrical wire and transformers
Maintaining full production during construction and startup
Maintaining current labor
Hiring and training new labor

No risk there….
No reason to complain about shortages then. mtmuley