Weired things that happened in the field

Gunner46

In the nights dark, before the sun even thought of breaking the horizon, I screwed my steps into a tree and worked my up, slowly, as quietly as I could. When I got about 10-12 feet up I un-delicately attached the lock-on tree stand, then made even more noise getting set up & settled in. 30 min to go B4 the sun crested, so I'm feeling I'm good to go. About 15 minutes after the 1st orange of sunlight crested I got slapped on the back of the head by a turkey using me as a launch pad to get off the roost ! The d@mn thing was about 1' above my head for 45 minutes !!

AggieHunter

Made a blind out of a brush pile in Kansas which I didn't realize was home to a ton of mice. Was in full camo for archery deer and heard something run up behind me close to last light. I turned around and had a large bobcat trot right at me and sit down at my boots. I thought it was going to hop the one small log I had across my entrance I stood up and jumped at it cause it to freak out and run about 20 yards. Then it just looked at me and slowly walked off.

JDH

I walked in to one morning using a head lamp and when I got to the tree I wanted to set up in a laid my bow down, took off my climber and started to hook it to the tree and on the small tree just a few feet away was a skinned coon carcass right at eye level. The small tree was on the other side of the tree I planned on setting up in on the walk in and I never saw it. I about jumped out of my skin.

3855WIN

Neighbor took me to his place to turkey hunt. Said for us to set up against this large oak tree. We got settled in we’ll before daylight. I kept hearing something in the leaves around my boot. I finally got out a flashlight, cupped my hand over it so the light wouldn’t go everywhere and shined by my boot. There was a small copperhead. I said, “Grey, I’ve got a snake here with me”. He said, “what do you want me to do for you?” I said “I don’t know, but I’m about to get the $&@! Up out of here!”

MITCHMO

On a crisp dark morning, I paddling slow and silent down a small creek in the dark. I hit a beaver with my kayak paddle and the water blew up. I was instantly soaked and had a close call with a code brown. I was trying to be silent but let out a pretty loud WTF in the pre dawn hours.

Nameless Range

I was hiking once in the head of Gilbert Creek in the northern Sapphires with a buddy. We were hiking down a closed logging road and came around the corner to a woman lying in the middle of the road. We were a good half mile from the truck and really kind of out of the way. I though for sure we were discovering a dead body. Upon closer inspection, she was alive, her pupils were the size of avocados, and she informed us that she had consumed some mushrooms earlier and was enjoying the out-of-doors. We wished her well on her cosmic journey and hiked on...

Last edited:

wllm1313

Moved back to CO from MT and was scouting for a place to hunt ducks. Found a pond surrounded by reeds?? that were ~7ft high. There were cow paths through them for a bit and then the last 30 yards you just how to plow forward until you hit a little sandy beach around the edge of the pound.

Gus was walking between my legs as I pushed through and I could barely see him because of how thick it was. All of a sudden I hear a rustle about 15 feet in front of me and gus hightails it back the way we had come. I see this big patch of fur trucking towards me, presumably chasing him, I swing my shotgun around and blast it more or less between my legs.

Fun fact, corgis have no fear of black bears but are terrified of beavers.

1589905588314.png

1589905619807.png

Gunner46

I was hiking once in the head of Gilbert Creek in the northern Sapphires with a buddy. We were hiking down a closed logging road and came around the corner to a woman lying in the middle of the road. We were a good half mile from the truck and really kind of out of the way. I though for sure we were discovering a dead body. Upon closer inspection, she was alive, her pupils were the size of avocados, and she informed us that she had consumed some mushrooms earlier and was enjoying the out-of-doors. We wished her well on her cosmic journey and hiked on...
We need pics Dude !!

88man

While planting trees for a habitat project making a thermal cover area a Ruffed Grouse kept following me around. Finally I held out my hand and it jumped up and I carried it around in my hand for a while and now that area is called crazy grouse hollow