Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Weatherby issues

Why not? Some dude with a rifle whose warranty has expired has now cost them a number of would be customers due to an online rant.

Agree with you ImBillT. Not always, and we don't know the final result on this one yet, but I've seen a number of fine companies reputation taken down on threads like this where the cause was not the rifle but something the owner did or didn't do (sometimes bad scope, loose screw, etc)

Are we all looking at the same thread?
I guess my “rant” would be, how many guys know of the 2 year warranty? My fault.
The rifle was 10 days past the 2 year point when I called. My fault, I could have lied.
Time frame of 3-6 months to look at it. Not sure who’s fault, COVID?
I’m pretty happy with the way things turned out. In the market for another Weatherby, remember I said I’d talked to my dealer about that timeframe.
Some folks need to take a deep breath and stop inferring what’s not written.
Thanks for all the actual help I’ve gotten.

I guess my “rant” would be, how many guys know of the 2 year warranty? My fault.
The rifle was 10 days past the 2 year point when I called. My fault, I could have lied.
I’m pretty happy with the way things turned out. In the market for another Weatherby, remember I said I’d talked to my dealer about that timeframe.

You maybe could've waited until after it was resolved to vent your frustration, especially if you're happy about the outcome. Your rant (or whatever it was) has very likely cost Weatherby sales, and your tone sure changed between post #1 and post #62, maybe you should've taken a breath before throwing mud?

Ended up sending a Weathermark back into Weatherby, it won’t do better than 2.5” with any factory or handloads.
Come to find out, the accuracy guarantee is only good for 2 years. I was 43 days past the 2 years, so have to foot the bill to have it looked at.
Sent it in 3 months ago, never heard a word out of them. Called today and was told maybe another 3-4 months before they get around to evaluating it.
Sure glad I’ve got other rifles to take to Wyoming this year!
Sure seems like a shame to drop 2K on a rifle and then be treated like this.
Guess the “New Normal” has happened at Weatherby too.

You maybe could've waited until after it was resolved to vent your frustration, especially if you're happy about the outcome. Your rant (or whatever it was) has very likely cost Weatherby sales, and your tone sure changed between post #1 and post #62, maybe you should've taken a breath before throwing mud?
And if someone bases their rifle purchase (or almost any purchase reallly) based on one thread on HT or any other forum, I’d question their judgement. Well I think I’d exempt fishing lures though 😀

Agree with you ImBillT. Not always, and we don't know the final result on this one yet, but I've seen a number of fine companies reputation taken down on threads like this where the cause was not the rifle but something the owner did or didn't do (sometimes bad scope, loose screw, etc)
Even if it is Weatherby’s fault that the rifle is inaccurate, they should not be expected to warranty a product that is outside of the warranted time period. At some point, the company needs to be comfortable knowing that the money you paid them, is their money, and that they owe you nothing else. Sometimes companies go beyond their warranty. That’s really nice when it happens. It is not bad CS however, to deny a claim based on nothing other than the fact that the warranty had expired.

I don’t own a Weatherby and never have. I have no idea how good or bad their customer service usually is. I just don’t consider denying a claim based on an expired warranty to be bad CS.

Glad it turned out good. Can you tell us how it was resolved and does it shoot better now?

Glad it turned out good. Can you tell us how it was resolved and does it shoot better now?
Dan, they test fired the rifle with a couple factory 180 loads. The 180 TTSX produced .80 groups. Rifle was then cleaned and being shipped back. Should have it back soon. I’ll let ya know how it does for me.

Why not? Some dude with a rifle whose warranty has expired has now cost them a number of would be customers due to an online rant.

He laid out the facts in a fair manner without misrepresenting that this was outside the warranty period. If their reputation is being tarnished it is their own doing. Quoting policy is rarely the right way to handle a problem.

Dan, they test fired the rifle with a couple factory 180 loads. The 180 TTSX produced .80 groups. Rifle was then cleaned and being shipped back. Should have it back soon. I’ll let ya know how it does for me.
Thanks. Did they give you the results of any other loads? Just curious.

I have two Weathermarks and a vanguard, they all are accurate and precise. I’m glad they figured yours out.

I stand by Weatherby.

Ended up sending a Weathermark back into Weatherby, it won’t do better than 2.5” with any factory or handloads.
Come to find out, the accuracy guarantee is only good for 2 years. I was 43 days past the 2 years, so have to foot the bill to have it looked at.
Sent it in 3 months ago, never heard a word out of them. Called today and was told maybe another 3-4 months before they get around to evaluating it.
Sure glad I’ve got other rifles to take to Wyoming this year!
Sure seems like a shame to drop 2K on a rifle and then be treated like this.
Guess the “New Normal” has happened at Weatherby too.
With all due respect and no offense intended:

The 2 year accuracy warranty is obviously in place to keep bubba's from abusing their rifles and 5-10 years down the road expecting a new one. You shoot a rifle enough, you can expect the accuracy to degrade. That is common sense. I can't believe (somewhat) knowledgeable shooters on this forum believe you can shoot the crap out of a rifle and not expect accuracy to degrade over time - especially with over bored Weatherby rounds. The OP acknowledged sub par accuracy within the 2 year time frame and put it away. Now that the warranty has expired by a few weeks, he complains about the company? No offense, but it's on you. As for the wait time, it sucks but that's the way it is, apparently.

Did you return it to them with your scope, or did they mount one of their own on it to test it?? Also, did you request that they include the targets that they shot?? Usually when I have purchased Weatherbys in the past, they come with a Factory target that shows the Tech that fired the rifle, and the load used to shoot the group. Maybe they will send you the targets with the .80" group.

Don't know, but I once saw a barrel with a slight bend from shipping, unless you can measure bore with a laser and or check out on a lathe it won't show up.

The Thompson Center Venture in 300 win mag and the Howa 308 I bought last year had "Box Rash" but barrels were true.
Haven't yet checked the Howa 243 I just bought but the shipping carton was ruff like it had traveled a lot.

I recently read an article about "The Crown" on a rifle not being machined true and it threw bullet's at random.

Hope you can retrieve the weapon and check it by a professional gunsmith.
Maybe the customer service person has no knowledge of which end the bullet goes in🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Did you return it to them with your scope, or did they mount one of their own on it to test it?? Also, did you request that they include the targets that they shot?? Usually when I have purchased Weatherbys in the past, they come with a Factory target that shows the Tech that fired the rifle, and the load used to shoot the group. Maybe they will send you the targets with the .80" group.
Weatherby has gone away from throwing targets in the box, unless you get the Range Certified rifles which I am unsure if they still make.

They mounted their scope.
Targets will be returned with the rifle.
I was sort of surprised when it didn’t come with a target, but found out later that golfer is correct. They don’t test fire every rifle. If it had come with a target, I would have never sent it back.

In other words, you sent a rifle with an expired warranty back to the manufacturer, then posted a thread that resulted in multiple forum members claiming they would not purchase a Weatherby as a result of your complaint. They paid an employee and used ammo to test your rifle AND THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR RIFLE.

Again, I feel sorry for Weatherby.

He laid out the facts in a fair manner without misrepresenting that this was outside the warranty period. If their reputation is being tarnished it is their own doing. Quoting policy is rarely the right way to handle a problem.
Quoting policy is always the right way to deny a warranty claim if you’re going to deny a warranty claim.

In other words, you sent a rifle with an expired warranty back to the manufacturer, then posted a thread that resulted in multiple forum members claiming they would not purchase a Weatherby as a result of your complaint. They paid an employee and used ammo to test your rifle AND THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR RIFLE.

Again, I feel sorry for Weatherby.
And I paid $200 for them to do it.
Anything else you want to make a stupid assumption about?

Quoting policy is always the right way to deny a warranty claim if you’re going to deny a warranty claim.
And rarely the way to keep customers. You keep feeling sorry for Weatherby though, even though it's 100% their actions that are hurting their brand. SMDH.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back