Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Weatherby issues

I have a first gen weatherby backcountry in 6.5 rpm. It is accurate. I smoked a coyote at 600 yards with factory 140 g hornady interlocks. I do have 1 gripe, that it doesn’t chamber the rounds smoothly. For 2k i was thinking it would roll through them as nice and smooth as my old Winchester. But not the case. Otherwise I’m happy so far. I hope to have it for a long time.
if it is smooth you want you should have bought a Mannlicher Schoenauer. Smooth as a babies bottom and absolutely zero feeding issues.

We’re you shooting solid copper bullets by any chance?
I was using Hornady 150 gr GMX bullets with 49 gr IMR 4350 which was my most accurate load with that powder and bullet at the time. Changed to the 150 gr ELD-x after that and it didn't like those as well even more so.

How many shots were in your groups?

Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for a rifle that shoots on average 1.1 MOA 3 shot groups to shoot a group below 0.5 MOA and another nearly 2 MOA. That is without taking varying barrel condition, shooter execution, ammo lot variation, and rifle/scope ability to hold zero into account. That is normal statistical variation.
I was shooting 3 shot groups and from a thread that I posted a few years ago, the best group I shot was 3/4" at 100 yards with 49.0 gr of IMR 4350 and 150 gr Hornady GMX. I was also using a front and rear bag off of a shooting bench for my testing.

I didn’t intend to kick a hornets nest, already did that.
Really just wanted to let everyone know that the rifle is a shooter now. I didn’t give up on it.
No longer upset at Weatherby, very happy with the rifle. I buy another on in the right caliber in a heartbeat.
I was just frustrated with the rifle, nothing against Weatherby except broadcasting a 2 year accuracy warranty which I was aware when I purchased the rifle. My dad has a Winchester model 70 that he bought new in the 80s chambered in .264 win mag and you can run factory, handloaded anything through it and it will keep 1 moa sometimes worse, sometimes better with any of it.

I was using Hornady 150 gr GMX bullets with 49 gr IMR 4350 which was my most accurate load with that powder and bullet at the time. Changed to the 150 gr ELD-x after that and it didn't like those as well even more so.
Check your bore for copper fouling.

I have the same issue with an old Vanguard I picked up a few years back . It’s chambered in 25-06 and no matter what I try to feed it, it’s all over the paper. I tried changing stocks, mounts and rings, and scope but nothing helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back