Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Weatherby issues

elkhnter

Ended up sending a Weathermark back into Weatherby, it won’t do better than 2.5” with any factory or handloads.
Come to find out, the accuracy guarantee is only good for 2 years. I was 43 days past the 2 years, so have to foot the bill to have it looked at.
Sent it in 3 months ago, never heard a word out of them. Called today and was told maybe another 3-4 months before they get around to evaluating it.
Sure glad I’ve got other rifles to take to Wyoming this year!
Sure seems like a shame to drop 2K on a rifle and then be treated like this.
Guess the “New Normal” has happened at Weatherby too.

Don't understand a time limit on an accuracy guarantee; well, other than getting out of the accuracy guarantee. It's not like sitting in a safe degrades accuracy.

That's some BS. Sounds like you should have just sent it to a reputable gunsmith and written off their guarantee, unfortunately.

Checked everything, torque spec, slimmed the lug, changed scopes. Three different factory loads, multiple handloads.
Did the barrel break in, clean bore, fouling shot, pretty much everything I could think of.
Like I said, have other rifles. Got a $500 AB3 that will outshoot the Weathermark hands down. Shame.

How old is it? I know that I was once told that some of the older model mark v only had 1.5” accuracy standard while their vanguards at the time held sub moa garuntee. I was confused why their low end had better garuntee than their high end rifles.

It’s the 2019 RMEF banquet rifle, so I assume 2019.

I would definitely call back and question the 2 year deal. That’s a bunch of BS over 43 days!
If they won’t help then have it shipped back to you and have a GOOD gunsmith look at it and fix it.

I too had high hopes for a 270 win stainless s2 last year….severe accuracy issues with multiple factory loads ….back to just my 45-70.

I would definitely call back and question the 2 year deal. That’s a bunch of BS over 43 days!
If they won’t help then have it shipped back to you and have a GOOD gunsmith look at it and fix it.
Believe me, I questioned it loud and long. They said they were sorry, but it says 2 years. Truthfully, I find that hard to stomach, that a Weatherby will lose its accuracy after 2 years.
If there was a component smith in my area, I’d have taken it to them. If I could find one I could trust in Illinois, or anywhere else, I’d get it back.

I'd be boiling mad if it were me.

I bought a new vanguard last year and would get sub moa for 2 shots then throw the 3rd shot a 1.5inch out.
Took off the scope and tightened scope ring mounts then put the scope back on.
Shoots great now :unsure:

Believe me, I questioned it loud and long. They said they were sorry, but it says 2 years. Truthfully, I find that hard to stomach, that a Weatherby will lose its accuracy after 2 years.
If there was a component smith in my area, I’d have taken it to them. If I could find one I could trust in Illinois, or anywhere else, I’d get it back.

That’s some pretty lousy customer service if you ask me! Especially from a company like Weatherby.
I wouldn’t give them another dime and just get the rifle back honestly.
What cartridge is it?

I haven’t had the same issue with my weathermark but I’m quickly approaching my two year mark too.

I know they are super busy with the huge demand of the last year but I think good communication is key. I ordered a new rifle and was told it would be 90 days. That came and past and at the 120 mark no communication. I emailed them and nothing. Followed up a few weeks and parts weren’t going to be there until maybe October.
Needless to say I cancelled my order and bought the same caliber from another company.

Sorry. To bad on your rifle. Especially that it was one that you got at RMEF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back