We need to have a talk.

In this case the use of the lower case "i" was done deliberately so as not to emphasize the author over the point of the quote. ;)

I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. ;)
since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you;

wholly to be a fool
while Spring is in the world

my blood approves,
and kisses are a better fate
than wisdom
lady i swear by all flowers. Don’t cry
– the best gesture of my brain is less than
your eyelids’ flutter which says

we are for each other; then
laugh, leaning back in my arms
for life’s not a paragraph

And death i think is no parenthesis

E. E. Cummings

Mental note to self

Never attempt to match wits with

Noharleyyet
Willm1313
Vikingsguy
Europe

O.K. I am headed out to knock down a grizzly, which will be easier for me than trying to match wits with the aforementioned old men and woman

We will see if any of them pick up on my out the door shot at them ;)

Mental note to self

Noharleyyet
Willm1313
Vikingsguy
Europe

O.K. I am headed out to knock down a grizzly, which will be easier for me than trying to match wits with the aforementioned old men and woman

*shot duly noted

Mental note to self

Noharleyyet
Willm1313
Vikingsguy
Europe

Having never shot a grizz myself, I would like to begin a monologue on how you should be using at least a ... and that the ... you currently are shooting isn't enough gun.

Further, bear spray....

It should be noted that my confidence far outweighs your expertise.

;)

Last edited:
I don't really care and slightly only through life. My existence was creating an existence creating. Sitting at a camp fire I could be found in left field.

I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious. ::: Andrew Wyeth ::

Mental note to self

Noharleyyet
Willm1313
Vikingsguy
Europe

We (well I, at least) will be waiting for a good story and maybe a picture of two. Need something to get out of this Iowa state of mind...

The only thing worse than flat brimmed hats and $9 coffees is the modern tendacy to use "closed ellipses" (no spaces between the periods). "Open ellipses" is the only way . . . if we insist on the pedantic, let's at least be traditionalists about it.
the omission from speech or writing of a word or words that are superfluous or able to be understood from contextual clues.
"it is very rare for an ellipsis a lawyer to occur be understood without a linguistic antecedent"

the omission from speech or writing of a word or words that are superfluous or able to be understood from contextual clues.
"it is very rare for an ellipsis a lawyer to occur be understood without a linguistic antecedent"
Did he just say some folks aren’t easy to understand unless you got someone to ‘splain what they’re saying?

That’s culturally unacceptable if it’s cross gender. It’s called “man’splaning”. Don’t know what they call it when it’s a woman helping a man understand?
At my house it’s, “Yes, dear.”

Did he just say some folks aren’t easy to understand unless you got someone to ‘splain what they’re saying?

That’s culturally unacceptable if it’s cross gender. It’s called “man’splaning”. Don’t know what they call it when it’s a woman helping a man understand?
At my house it’s, “Yes, dear.”
Man’splAINING*

It’s derivative of explAIN.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back