I know this ain't Arizona or Colorado, but
I wanna see what you guys get as soon as
you know.Kirk e mailed me and said the draw
was done on Tues, so I'm assuming we should
know by Fri on the web site. I hoping for a
a any bull elk tag, but I'll be happy with
any piece of scrap thrown to me by the draw
Gods! :D

Thanks for the update guys but results have not been posted yet hopefully by this afternoon.Good luck guys.

Owl it really sucks in a state where you used to be able to buy them over the counter every year and not have to go more than 20 miles from home to whack something....

just going to and from school we used to see deer elk and bears, not to mention stop off the side of the road on the way and go salmon and trout fishing.....

Delw

Del:

You can still get otc tags for everything
but sheep, goats, and moose. The challenge
is theres way too many people for the game.
To get a quality hunt, a permit gets you
a quality experience. My buudy Jack drew
the coveted Quinault bull hunt which takes
place Oct 1-10. I'm taking the week off
to go with him and help out>

Well didnt get get what I wanted but I did draw a Doe tag for the Badger unit.This is a pretty much guaranteed hunt for me since I have access to a ranch in this area that has way too many Does.So meat in the freezer this year. :D

Kraven,

It's been waaaayyy to many years since I have been hunting in Wash.

Where is the Badger unit?

Bill

Hey Westman the area I'll be hunting is in Douglas county out of Wenatchee about 5-6 miles up on the plateau.
Owl congrats to your buddy for drawing that unit.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-20-2002 10:15: Message edited by: Kraven ]</font>

Ahhh, nice country. I did spend some time up the slope and around the Wenatchee river. Saw the biggest rattlesnake God ever made in that canyon :eek:

There was good fishing if a guy was willing to hike down into that river.

That was quite awhile ago, mid '70's.

Looks as if Im the only one in my family that drew any spcial tags this yr.The doe hunt takes place Nov.1-15 so its after elk.I'll most likely head over the 9th 0r 10th,this all hinges on if I dont get a buck in the genral season.

Sucks for you Kraven!! I drew the tag I wanted!! Neener neener!! LOL Better luck next year for those that didn't draw and congrats to those who did!!

Kraven:

He was leaving on a family vacation for a
week staring Friday afternoon. I hope he got
something decent. My father in law drew a
doe permit up in the Foster Creek unit. The
hunt is in Nov, so at least it won't be
crowded. I've never set foot in the unit, but
I'm sure we can get into the deer. The unit
is just South of Brewster bordering the
Colville indian reservation. Good luck on
your hunt also.

Congrats to your father in law.You guys should get into the deer in there by the res Im sure.
I geuss Kirk will find out when he gets back into town then.
I have bought 1 eastside elk raffle ticket plus 4 mt Goat raffle tickets,hopefully I can draw something there,fingers crossed. :D

My brother just moved to Wenatchee. He got a promotion with US Fish and Wildlife, so they're (we're?) paying for his move. He's up there now and my sister-in-law moves up at the end of the month. There's good hunting in the ara, huh?

CH:

The Wenatchee area is a good central area
in Eastern Washington for all types of
hunting. Its also beautifull country. I'm
sure he and his wife will enjoy the area.

Back