Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Want to trade Elk gun tag for Elk archery tag Dworshak 10A Idaho

What is the adverse side of doing such a swap? If two people have tags, what difference does it make? Not asking with sarcasm, it seems many had the opinion this is an ill idea... Why would it be vs the reasonable swap?

What is the adverse side of doing such a swap? If two people have tags, what difference does it make? Not asking with sarcasm, it seems many had the opinion this is an ill idea... Why would it be vs the reasonable swap?
Well I kinda think there is a shady black market to it where people are grabbing high demand tags and then trading them to someone with some money exchanged on the side. I don’t think it’s necessarily illegal but it’s also super lame

Can you transfer to someone without a tag or only trade if they have a tag? I hope you find someone looking for a trade. Seems like a very appropriate thing to post on a hunting forum in my humble opinion. I need to start putting my wife in for Idaho and double my chances 😂.

The Elk numbers have not met F&G objectives for several years and CWD has hurt the deer population in the last 2 years. But there is less pressure from predators.
No…

Cwd hasn’t been found in that unit and the biggest reasons elk probably don’t meet objective are the massive amount of roads and clearcuts. There just isn’t much security habitat in the public land or corporate timber lands

No…

Cwd hasn’t been found in that unit and the biggest reasons elk probably don’t meet objective are the massive amount of roads and clearcuts. There just isn’t much security habitat in the public land or corporate timber lands
Maybe the OP is confusing EHD and CWD?

So can someone transfer an ID tag to someone else who doesn’t have a tag? Asking for a friend

Can I buy a second NR tag in August and transfer it to a NR? When residents by a second NR tag they are not subject to the same NR capped deer/elk areas...

Not bold SaskHunter, this is not my first rodeo...I would not be stupid enough to post something on a public forum if it was illegal. It is not uncommon in Idaho but has to go through IDFG. I guess it would be illegal if you simply exchanged the tags without paying the transfer fee and not updating your IDFG accounts.

Dearest Btassin, the bold move is to post your pers contact info openly on a forum which has a Private Message feature.

If you don't know what you are talking about.... why say you are pretty sure it is illegal?
I said "its been done" becuase i do know what i am talking about and its been done, no mention of illegal and actually implies the opposite. After reading a few of your posts maybe you require a eye appointment, you purchased wrong tag, cant see predators and clearly cant read. Good luck with the optometrist.

Can I buy a second NR tag in August and transfer it to a NR? When residents by a second NR tag they are not subject to the same NR capped deer/elk areas...
There are several ways to game the system. I think any caps would go back into effect for a NR on a transfer.

There’s the potential to have a family/friend draw a tag and then transfer it for a OTC tag too.

I said "its been done" becuase i do know what i am talking about and its been done, no mention of illegal and actually implies the opposite. After reading a few of your posts maybe you require a eye appointment, you purchased wrong tag, cant see predators and clearly cant read. Good luck with the optometrist.
After waiting online to purchase a NR archery tag on 12/1/22 for >6 hours IDFG advised the "A" tags were sold out but the "B" tags (usually sell out first) were available. The B tags allow a hunter to archery hunt during September for spikes & anterless elk as well as the gun season. In March of this year IDFG commission voted to cancel the archery portion of the "B" tags. Thanks, and sorry I misread your "its been done".

@Btassin , I think a lot of us learned something new. Not the kind of “new member” post we’re used to this time of year. Good luck.
Thanks, I had no intentions of my post stirring up controversy but took offense to the implicationd that I was posting something that was possibly illegal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back