Want to trade Elk gun tag for Elk archery tag Dworshak 10A Idaho

Btassin

I have an Idaho non-resident, unit 10A (Dworshak) rifle Elk tag (Oct. 10, 2023 - Nov. 3,2023) that I wish to trade for an Elk Archery tag, non-resident in unit 10A (Aug. 30, 2023 - Sept. 30, 2023). Call Bill @ (337) 501-0078.

Yes, it has to go through Fish & Game but that entails a nominal $3.75 exchange fee and updating the transfer information.
Well I learn something new everyday. I hunted that once on a gun tag. Saw several elk but missed my opportunity when it presented itself on a decent 5 point bull. Good luck out there lots of bear and wolves in there I'd consider buying a tag.

Transferring tags is legal in Idaho. Talk with IDFG.
Thank you, as long as everything is reported to IDFG at the time of the transfer. It serves a valid purpose but I don't doubt that there are many states out there that would not try to accomodate their hunters.

Hunted that unit many years ago. I sort of remember about 10 or 12 of us met up for a group hunt. 1 spike elk and 2 deer were killed.

Well I learn something new everyday. I hunted that once on a gun tag. Saw several elk but missed my opportunity when it presented itself on a decent 5 point bull. Good luck out there lots of bear and wolves in there I'd consider buying a tag.
I am 71 and have taken enough animals with guns in my earlier years. I am a flatlander and live in Louisiana 7 months a year and the other 5 months in Orofino ID. 10A (Dworshak) is not a wilderness area so there isn't a heavy predator pressure. In the past 7 years I have seen one wolf and a couple black bears.

Hunted that unit many years ago. I sort of remember about 10 or 12 of us met up for a group hunt. 1 spike elk and 2 deer were killed.
The Elk numbers have not met F&G objectives for several years and CWD has hurt the deer population in the last 2 years. But there is less pressure from predators.

Bold move, Bill.
Not bold SaskHunter, this is not my first rodeo...I would not be stupid enough to post something on a public forum if it was illegal. It is not uncommon in Idaho but has to go through IDFG. I guess it would be illegal if you simply exchanged the tags without paying the transfer fee and not updating your IDFG accounts.

Back