Wanna go on a sheep hunt?

1760D4D3-ACC1-4EF1-815C-5F06FF826606.pngLooks like they did their best to cover all your costs associated with the hunt minus taxidermy. Looks like there should be $2500 free for flights, lodging, tip, and tip. All depends on your flight prices and tip.

Edit: see post below from @Greenhorn i obviously don’t know 💩 from 🥜 when it comes to guided hunts.

But you don’t have to worry about that, I’ll win it so you don’t have to stress yourself out with potential costs adding up

Last edited:
So excuse my ignorance but the 5,000 is in cash is that perty much enough to cover the extra expenses for the sheep hunt like taxes, commercial flights, tag, ect? Saying a guy only shoots a sheep and not a caribou and all. Whats a rough figure of how much more is going to come out of a guys pocket.
$5000 wouldn’t cover the tip to your guide. It’s a $32,000.00 hunt not counting licenses, travel, and other expenses. Very expensive vacation right there.. even if you “win.”

Last edited:
So excuse my ignorance but the 5,000 is in cash is that perty much enough to cover the extra expenses for the sheep hunt like taxes, commercial flights, tag, ect? Saying a guy only shoots a sheep and not a caribou and all. Whats a rough figure of how much more is going to come out of a guys pocket.

View attachment 183179Looks like they did their best to cover all your costs associated with the hunt minus taxidermy. Looks like there should be $2500 free for flights, lodging, tip, and tip. All depends on your flight prices and tip.

Edit: see post below from @Greenhorn i obviously don’t know 💩 from 🥜 when it comes to guided hunts.

But you don’t have to worry about that, I’ll win it so you don’t have to stress yourself out with potential costs adding up
At the end of the day, it's a $50,000 guided hunting trip if you shoot a sheep and caribou. I had to look - but I guess this is no longer called On Your Own Adventures..

At the end of the day, it's a $50,000 guided hunting trip if you shoot a sheep and caribou. I had to look - but I guess this is no longer called On Your Own Adventures..
Ya if it was something that was enough of a giveaway that only say $4000 or so came out of my pocket I would buy tickets for it but as much as it looks like will come out of my own pocket IF I were to win it theres no way I could afford that much😳. Even with cutting out the caribou and all. Wow.
Glad they are doing it tho cuz it will definitely help out ADBSS.

I had to look - but I guess this is no longer called On Your Own Adventures..
Are you ok? Need a hug? Remember- your being here is voluntary- you can retire from the site whenever you like.

What kind of sad, angry person gets mad for a person offering a unique, and exciting way to raise money for wildlife.

Damn near breakfast time...

Are you ok? Need a hug? Remember- your being here is voluntary- you can retire from the site whenever you like.

What kind of sad, angry person gets mad for a person offering a unique, and exciting way to raise money for wildlife.

Who’s mad? Sad or angry?

I think its fair to let people know the out of pocket cost of this hunt if they win.

Assuming you add Caribou and kill a ram, (personally I'd waive the sheep to just hunt Caribou)...I bet your out of pocket expenses are going to be 12K minimum...probably closer to 15K.

You have the 2k flight, travel up and back with trophies probably 3k, add 7k for the caribou, a decent tip on a hunt like that is probably 5-6k, another 1k in tags, another 2.5k in taxes on the 1099 probably. If my math is right, that's around 20k-5k...right around 15k out of pocket.

Which, is a pretty darn good deal by todays prices for a quality hunt for sheep and mountain caribou.

I'd cut that check as fast I could write one, right now, for that hunt if I won...but its fair to note that there will be some real money above and beyond to make it happen.

When I went on this hunt I won it.
My wife to this day jokes about my “free” hunt when I’m buying raffle tickets.

It certainly doesn’t come with no cost and I was away from home for 17 days.

Is it worth it? Every penny.
Not to get off of topic but I’m glad to hear you were gone that amount of days I’m going to Alaska to hunt in 2022 and was worried about time off but have 17 days scheduled off so that should be more then enough.

Not to get off of topic but I’m glad to hear you were gone that amount of days I’m going to Alaska to hunt in 2022 and was worried about time off but have 17 days scheduled off so that should be more then enough.
Alaska sheep hunt I presume? The average time to harvest for a guided hunt is 3.5 days. You can do a lot of stuff in 17 days off! Good luck

I could have came home early. Killed a caribou on day 1 and a ram on day 5. Spent the rest of the time wolf and wolverine hunting, riding horses around the mountains, fishing and trying to help another guy find a big ram.

Might as well make the most of it while you’re there.

I think it is great that this is offered. Obviously Randy is the DIY guy. I don't think that means that he can never go on a guided hunt. Randy is a huge advocate for public land and DIY hunting but I think he should also be able to go on guided hunts when it works out of him. If he wanted to only do DIY hunts then he is missing out on some great hunts that MUST be guided. I'm sure that if Randy could do this hunt DIY he would be more than happy to do it that way. Obviously, hunting dall and stone sheep is a guided hunt for everyone that doesn't live in the area.

Thanks for the opportunity. I think it is a great time to become a life member!!!!!!!!

Back