Wanna go on a sheep hunt?

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Over a year ago, Brad and the crew at the Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society (ADBSS) approached me with an idea. It got delayed a year, due to COVID. When they told me it involved raising money for water and wild sheep, the McKenzie Mountains, and sheep hunting (with the option of adding a mountain caribou), I was very interested. I told them I would excited do it, so long as they let me buy my own hunt.

Here is the gig. ADBSS has arranged for two sheep hunts in the McKenzie Mountains with Gana River Outfitters for August 2023. They are buying one of the hunts for a person to join me and Marcus. If you win and you want it filmed, that will happen. If you win and you don't want it filmed, no worries, Marcus will film me.

There is a serious need for funding water in Arizona at this time. This is the worst drought cycle in 30 years. The catchments have had no winter rains to "catch," so AZ G&F is trucking water to these catchments. ADBSS has been spending a lot of their money to help during this critical period. Without agencies and groups bringing water to the landscape there is no water. And given it will likely be late July or August before any potential monsoons, things are critical at this time.

I hope you will support the Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society and their work for wild sheep and other wildlife so dependent upon water. Below is the link where you can sign up as a member and guy some additional chances. ADBSS is small and very effective all-volunteer organization, so know that your donations will make a big difference for wild sheep and the other wildlife.

Full rules and entry options here - https://adbss.org/shop/product/2021-randy-newberg-sheep-hunt/
Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 4.07.04 PM.png

Thanks for your support. Good luck.

Sine Aqua Mortis.....

For folks interested, if you read the details on this, you’ll see that if you buy the $1000 life membership you get 40 entries into the drawing. That’s the cost of the life membership anyway, so if you’ve been thinking about it, you might as well get in this draw 40x.
If you’re already a life member you will receive entries by upgrading to the Sine Agua Mortes level.

I have been on this hunt and it is an absolutely spectacular place, caribou are thick as ants, the rams are big and the outfitter is the best in the business.

If he’s still around, this big 7 year old will be 11.
1CB198CD-628F-412E-A2D1-46B2E98ABC67.jpeg

You definitely want to hunt there.
B77F8E50-EB3F-43FA-85D0-7F52199242A4.jpeg

BD0195B8-66FE-41ED-8457-44884DF7BEBB.jpeg

Last edited:
Just to clarify, is the "added" caribou included or charged the 7K from their website?

Never mind, I found it.

Oh man, I thought I was done with raffle tickets for the year... oh well! Here we go again!

Getting a life membership is a deal with the tickets for sure

I'm not very lucky on draws/raffle but I'd pay the $1K just to go on the hunt, experience that country and be your sherpa...donation sent with no expectation of winning

There is no better outfit in the NWT, maybe in all the sheep hunting world, than Gana River and Harold. I’ve long dreamed that would be where I would take my Dall. No brainer some tickets are coming my way. I got the flyer the other day but had not had a chance to look it over. Excellent.

Like the pictures @MTGomer posted, Gana River's area is spectacular and they had a great base camp. My first guided hunt was a backpack hunt for this guy with them about 20 years ago.
bxdm3F1l.jpg

So excuse my ignorance but the 5,000 is in cash is that perty much enough to cover the extra expenses for the sheep hunt like taxes, commercial flights, tag, ect? Saying a guy only shoots a sheep and not a caribou and all. Whats a rough figure of how much more is going to come out of a guys pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back