Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wanna go on a sheep hunt?

Great cause! I'm all in, pulled the trigger on a Sin Aqua Mortis life membership. Sheep aren't the only species that benefit from ADBSS's work. I love hunting in AZ, and I'm glad to be able to give back.

Alaska sheep hunt I presume? The average time to harvest for a guided hunt is 3.5 days. You can do a lot of stuff in 17 days off! Good luck
Yes sir dall sheep hunt, then after that it’s off to the unlimited to get my Rocky while I patiently wait to draw a desert in one of the many states I apply for. Hopeful I fall right into that average of 3.5 days that would be perfect. We will see I’m excited and will be happy if it ends day 1 or 10, just be easier to get back home without a rush if it wasn’t day 10. Going to be flying in a couple days before the season starts to look over what’s in the area.

I could have came home early. Killed a caribou on day 1 and a ram on day 5. Spent the rest of the time wolf and wolverine hunting, riding horses around the mountains, fishing and trying to help another guy find a big ram.

Might as well make the most of it while you’re there.
Exactly totally agree it isn’t like we get to go every year and see that country. Really glad to hear that though. Did the guy you helped get a ram ?

Exactly totally agree it isn’t like we get to go every year and see that country. Really glad to hear that though. Did the guy you helped get a ram ?
He did not. He could have. He had killed a few already and was looking for something real special, which he just didn't find.

Can a non-resident hunt that area without an outfitter? Just curious..
If you're talking Canada, I think only residents of the province can hunt sheep, NR and aliens must go with an outfitter. There may be a few exceptions with recipricory or something between certain provinces/territories. But as far as I know, they don't have sponsored hunts or "next of kin" sheep hunts available. Most provinces require 2 years of residency before you can get a tag. I'm not sure I could tough out the NWT for 2 years just to shoot a sheep. IIRC, there is only like 10-12 residents harvest sheep each year and about 90 guided.

Wow, kudos to whomever can afford to tip 5-6k for something. Made me really think about the concept of tipping. Don't mean to sound self fish and not to take away from a hunting guide that works his butt off to carry your meat off the mountain but how many of you work hard every day to provide services to others without receiving tips?

Wow, kudos to whomever can afford to tip 5-6k for something. Made me really think about the concept of tipping. Don't mean to sound self fish and not to take away from a hunting guide that works his butt off to carry your meat off the mountain but how many of you work hard every day to provide services to others without receiving tips?
A good hunting guide does a hell of a lot more than "carry your meat off the mountain." Ha.

I know that and thats why I said not to take away from a hunting guide. The point I am trying to make is to just think about the concept of tipping. I think if an outfitter wants a good guide he better be paying him a good wage VS having to rely on tips. and with that kind of money why not just include it with the hunt.

I know that and thats why I said not to take away from a hunting guide. The point I am trying to make is to just think about the concept of tipping. I think if an outfitter wants a good guide he better be paying him a good wage VS having to rely on tips. and with that kind of money why not just include it with the hunt.
It's called incentive. It's why sales folks have commission.

Yah, if your running a used car business but if your charging a customer 32,000 dollars for a 12 day hunt..... Maybe I see things differently than most because I would need to dip into my kids Monopoly game money to pay for this hunt. But I don't want to take away anything from this. Again, like my original post said Kudos to whomever can afford this.

I think that tip amount is greatly over-stated. I have a friend who guides for Dalls every year for the past 12 years for a well known outfitter in Alaska. He's only had two hunters who were unsuccessful, due to lack of training. He's never gotten more than a $3000 tip and he has guided some very wealthy people. His average is $1500-2k.

Yes their are expenses if you win the 1099 is a big one for me and 20 plus days with out working is zero pay for me being self employed
but this is still a great chance at an amazing adventure, im looking at the life member casue is goes to a great cause cant find difference in the higher grade life member tho

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back