Yeti GOBOX Collection

Virginia Gun Rights Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a brilliant move to don the pin. Nothing better communicates that you're here to have your political opinions taken seriously than a childrens' trading card game from the 90s.

Way to put words in my mouth. "a show of force" has nothing to do with violence against countrymen. A show of force is meant to protect the right that protects you. Head on over to fbi.gov, educate yourself a bit on crime stats and let me know where the violence against countrymen really comes from.

You're talking about violence against your own countrymen over policy disputes that are entirely within the scope of our legal system, including ways to resolve issues you feel are unconstitutional. Falling back to violence rather than working with your fellow citizens is not being an American.

We lose with this philosophy.

@bushman13 just got my Colorado ballots in the mail. This year we have an open primary and Trump will be the republican candidate, so there is no reason you shouldn’t vote in the democratic primary.

A vote against Bloomberg in the primary goes further than in the general. ;)

Sorry man, I don't play the lesser of 2 evils game. Trump's primary policy influencer is Israel which makes it extra funny every time someone one the left calls him a Nazi. Opposite land.

I'll continue to write in Ron Paul as a protest vote in the General. Or Homer Simpson.

@bushman13 just got my Colorado ballots in the mail. This year we have an open primary and Trump will be the republican candidate, so there is no reason you shouldn’t vote in the democratic primary.

A vote against Bloomberg in the primary goes further than in the general. ;)

Sorry man, I don't play the lesser of 2 evils game.

Dude bro...

I'm not saying vote for anyone other than your preferred candidate in the general.

I'm asking you to hedge your bets.

Vote in the Democratic primary, against the wingnuts, so that your choices are Trump v. moderate Dem instead of Trump V. Bloomberg, in the general.

Fact of the matter is if a far left dem gets elected you actually might lose some of your gun rights. Bloomberg has made it a major campaign issue.

In the general election you are voting against everyone in the country in a 2 candidate race. In an open primary you are mostly voting against people of that party + independents, and voter turn out is way less, and there are 8 candidates + meaning that your vote against someone like Bloomberg in the primary has about 40x the "voting power" as voting against him in the general will have.

There are some dems with good public lands positions and very moderate gun control positions, you absolutely don't have to vote for them in the general, but if you vote in the primary you at least get to make sure that if your Republican loses the dem isn't a candidate who is aggressively antigun.

These states have open primaries
Alabama
Arkansas
Colorado
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Massachusetts (Primaries open for "unenrolled"/unaffiliated voters only)
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire (Primaries open for “undeclared”/unaffiliated voters only)
North Carolina (Primaries open for unaffiliated voters only)
North Dakota
Ohio (semi-open)
Oklahoma (Only Democratic primary is open to Independent voters as of November 2015)
South Carolina
South Dakota (Only Democratic primary is open to Independent voters as of November 2018)
Tennessee
Texas
Utah (for the Democratic Presidential Primary)
Vermont
Virginia
Washington (state)
Wisconsin

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear you but I 'm too jaded and too principled. For one, I could never live with myself if I voted for an R or D.
I vote straight I or L which never goes anywhere. L tried to go somewhere and the R's showed up.
Secondly even if a moderate gains traction, the machine will buy them out last second.
Thirdly Trump will trounce a Bloomberg or Hillary.
meh

Dude bro...

I'm not saying vote for anyone other than your preferred candidate in the general.

Vote in the Democratic primary, against the wingnuts, so that your choices are Trump v. moderate Dem instead of Trump V. Bloomberg, in the general.

Fact of the matter is if a far left dem gets elected you actually might lose some of your gun rights. Bloomberg has made it a major campaign issue.

In the general election you are voting against everyone in the country in a 2 candidate race. In an open primary you are mostly voting against people of that party + independents, and voter turn out is way less, and there are 8 candidates + meaning that your vote against someone like Bloomberg in the primary has about 40x the "voting power" as voting against him in the general will have.

There are some dems with good public lands positions and very moderate gun control positions, you absolutely don't have to vote for them in the general, but if you vote in the primary you at least get to make sure that if your Republican loses the dem isn't a candidate who is aggressively antigun.

Alabama
Arkansas
Colorado
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
North Dakota
Ohio (semi-open)
Oklahoma (Only Democratic primary is open to Independent voters as of November 2015)
South Carolina
South Dakota (Only Democratic primary is open to Independent voters as of November 2018)
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia
Washington (state)
Wisconsin

Way to put words in my mouth. "a show of force" has nothing to do with violence against countrymen. A show of force is meant to protect the right that protects you. Head on over to fbi.gov, educate yourself a bit on crime stats and let me know where the violence against countrymen really comes from.

No,

A "show of force" is about trying to intimidate & bully other people into acquiescing to your demands. It's about using firearms to get your way. It's weakness trying to project power & authority when they know they can't win a debate based on ideas or policy concepts. It's about being a child in a grownup world, and it's a cause to incite violence, therefore, being a violent act. It's a response from people who do not have the courage of their convictions and who are so angry at others about something as silly as bump-stocks & 100 round magazines that they feel the need to act like militias in Wiemar Germany, circa 1926.

The rhetoric around firearms ownership and the second amendment is puerile & vitriolic from both extremes. And given how the country has been voting over the last 4 years, I don't think my side (reasonable gun owners who see the issue from both sides) should sit back and let people who have fewer teeth than the front row of a bluegrass concert & want to storm a state capitol in their GI JOE cosplay outfits define our collective position on gun violence, support of civilian firearms ownership or any other issue.

Gun violence is an issue across the US. Rural, white America has just as much of a problem with it as inner-cities with more diverse populations. Rural gun violence is driven by poverty, addiction, domestic abuse & lack of affordable mental health care. Inner city violence is driven by largely the same issues, and in both cases, you're unable to rise above unless you are one of the very few lucky ones.

We're all in this together, and if we don't start acting like it, the nation is doomed.

The rhetoric around firearms ownership and the second amendment is puerile & vitriolic from both extremes. And given how the country has been voting over the last 4 years, I don't think my side (reasonable gun owners who see the issue from both sides) should sit back and let people who have fewer teeth than the front row of a bluegrass concert & want to storm a state capitol in their GI JOE cosplay outfits define our collective position on gun violence, support of civilian firearms ownership or any other issue.

Gold.

We're all in this together, and if we don't start acting like it, the nation is doomed.

We decided that was scary, so we came up with the idea of suburbs and gated communities.

"let people who have fewer teeth than the front row of a bluegrass concert & want to storm a state capitol in their GI JOE cosplay outfits define our collective position on gun violence, support of civilian firearms ownership or any other issue. "

"We're all in this together, and if we don't start acting like it, the nation is doomed."

Listen to my words but not my actions @Ben Lamb

"Gun violence is an issue across the US. Rural, white America has just as much of a problem with it as inner-cities with more diverse populations. Rural gun violence is driven by poverty, addiction, domestic abuse & lack of affordable mental health care. Inner city violence is driven by largely the same issues, and in both cases, you're unable to rise above unless you are one of the very few lucky ones."

From a cause perspective you are correct. From a statistical perspective you couldn't be more wrong.

No,

A "show of force" is about trying to intimidate & bully other people into acquiescing to your demands. It's about using firearms to get your way. It's weakness trying to project power & authority when they know they can't win a debate based on ideas or policy concepts. It's about being a child in a grownup world, and it's a cause to incite violence, therefore, being a violent act. It's a response from people who do not have the courage of their convictions and who are so angry at others about something as silly as bump-stocks & 100 round magazines that they feel the need to act like militias in Wiemar Germany, circa 1926.

Gun violence is an issue across the US. Rural, white America has just as much of a problem with it as inner-cities with more diverse populations. Rural gun violence is driven by poverty, addiction, domestic abuse & lack of affordable mental health care. Inner city violence is driven by largely the same issues, and in both cases, you're unable to rise above unless you are one of the very few lucky ones.

Dude bro...

Alabama
Arkansas
Colorado
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
North Dakota
Ohio (semi-open)
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia
Washington (state)
Wisconsin
The Dems are down to Bernie or Bloomberg right now. If the elite media doesn't destroy Bernie in the next couple weeks, it will be Bernie. If they do destroy Bernie, it will be Bloomberg.

Neither choice is palatable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back