Vikings

48 years of experience has trained me to exercise extreme caution in getting my hopes too high in regards to the Vikings. If you are a Vikings fan, at an early age you become an expert in managing your expectations.

Peterson's recovery is amazing.

Yes, it/he is. The big shame is that he is on a team with a junior high passing attack. If the Vikings had even an average passing threat, I can only imagine what level of pressure would be removed from Peterson and what amount of yards he would rush for. To see him do this with 8 or 9 men on the line of scrimmage, all knowing what is coming, makes it even more amazing.

I hope someday he wins a Super Bowl, but doubt the Viking can rebuild fast enough for him to still be playing when "hell finally freezes over."

The Vikings ruined my Rams already slim hope of making the playoffs, but hey we have 6 wins this year which is great considering the way it has been the past few years. Peterson, like Steven Jackson will most likely be remembered as two great backs stuck on crappy teams for most of their careers.

48 years of experience has trained me to exercise extreme caution in getting my hopes too high in regards to the Vikings. If you are a Vikings fan, at an early age you become an expert in managing your expectations.

you got that right,i have watched them in the early days,playing in the superbowl.
they were not called the purple people eaters for nothing,but they are not known for winning the super bowl,even if they make it there.
i can remember the days when fran tarkington threw the ball with precision.:cool:

its rough in my house,because some of my relitives are PACKER BACKERS,i cant believe someone related to me is a traitor.:eek:

I will have to say that the Vikings looked good yesterday. Wish all of the luck to them because my team is absolutely embarrassing this year!! Broncos will win the Superbowl thou

I am not a rapid football fan, but I pay attention. Having lived in MN 20 years, I have to chuckle every time the Viking fans start getting confident, Lucy pulls the football from Charlie Brown. (Two weeks ago, the fan chants were for back up Joe Webb)

Remember 41-donut? Vikings are the inspiration for PMS- Painful Memory Syndrome. :D

I would also like to see Peterson have some help. Also wish him luck with the yardage needed in the nest two weeks to break the record. I think it's like 298 , but he will have to do it against,
Houston and the pack.

Dickerson also set the record in a 14 game season....so IMO, in the unlikely event Peterson breaks it there should be an asterick delineating the feats..

He'll probably get 200 against the Packers, but as long as they miss the playoffs along with da bears everything is good.

NHY, you are thinking of OJ getting 2K in 14 games...(which is crazy BTW).

AP has a chance to break it but he gets no help from Ponder who is one of the worst QBs in the league. I hope I’m wrong but I say he gets 2K, misses ED’s record and the Vikes miss the playoffs.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohan7
Back