Vibrator

Mallardsx2

Now that I have your attention....

My old harbor freight tumbler finally took a crap.

Can anyone point me at a vibratory tumbler that is less than $100 that cabelas sells THAT YOU WOULD RECCOMMEND?

I have a $100 gift card and there are several models under $100 that I am looking at and they all have "meh" reviews.

Anyone?

I’ve got a 4 year old Frankford Arsenal one. When it goes, I’ll probably just buy another. I got the one with the brass separator bucket. Well worth the money!

Honestly when it does go, I’ll probably just try and find a replacement motor for it cheap.

I’ve got a 4 year old Frankford Arsenal one. When it goes, I’ll probably just buy another. I got the one with the brass separator bucket. Well worth the money!

Honestly when it does go, I’ll probably just try and find a replacement motor for it cheap.
I was looking at this one. It looked like a pretty nice setup.

I was looking at this one. It looked like a pretty nice setup.
As stupid as it is, that bucket separator is probably one of my favorite reloading gadgets. Spent a lot of time shaking media out of .223 in college and this makes that process simple. Two or three full spins each direction and all the media is out.

Man, what a buzz kill. Idk why I assumed it was a for sale post :ROFLMAO:

I have a cheap one. I think I paid like $40. I think it was a Frankford arsenal... Not sure how much better one could be from another!

I have a Lyman Turbo 1200. I use the hell out of it. About $80 for the base model.

When the bearings go out, you can keep the bowl and order a new base unit from Lyman direct.

I thought this would be about settling buffer into shotshells. I use an old electric shaver, but personal massagers are common.

I have the Frankfort. My name only problem with it is you have to “dump” the whole unit not just the bowl. It’s kind of a pain to take off the bowl and I like to mount the unit to my desk. RCBS one I had before was mounted and you could easily take the bowl off to dump it.

I second the media separator. It is fantastic.

I will likely go with the Frankfort Arsenal.

I just hope it's better than the digital powder measure(s) from them that I have that both read a FULL grain different from one another lol.

Frankford Arsenal from Midway. Got it about 9 years ago, still going strong. Think I paid about $40 at the time and it came with a sifter bucket, and some kind of media separator that fits into the bucket and you turn it (like an ice cream maker), and it separates the media from the brass. It made a mess and media ended up all over the floor, but the vibrator worked well.

I have a Lyman & I'm on my second Frankford Arsenal. The Lyman was my dad's and I got it a decade ago when he passed. He had it for 5 years before that. The motor on the FA burned out after about 6-7 years.

Get the Lyman. It's a better motor & design that circulates brass & media better than the FA.

This. I’ve got a few different options including the SS wet tumbling but these with rice media is my clear favorite. Cheap and easy.

I'd recommend going with rice over traditional walnut or cobb media. Some background: https://www.primalrights.com/library/articles/clean-brass-with-rice

7B85FB36-C01D-43EC-A5C5-8ADEC67848C9.jpeg

Thanks for sharing the rice idea! I was actually looking to replace my media as well as it is getting rather old and nasty.
When I was dirt poor, I would dry our used coffee grounds and use them as vibrating medium. Not ideal since it can lodge inside cases and it is harder to get out of primer holes.

Actually the Lyman rejuvenator product works really well. I also have a large screen seive and wash my medium from time to time. It is amazing how much green gunk will rinse out of it. Keep rinsing until the water comes through clear and dry it in the sun.

Last edited:
This. I’ve got a few different options including the SS wet tumbling but these with rice media is my clear favorite. Cheap and easy.

I'd recommend going with rice over traditional walnut or cobb media. Some background: https://www.primalrights.com/library/articles/clean-brass-with-rice

View attachment 287201
Cool! If I hadn’t just ordered more corn Cobb grit I would try that. We used corn cob growing up and when I moved away and got my own reloading stuff I went to walnut but was never a fan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back