Vet bills

2rocky

AAARRRRGGGHHH.....

Headed t o the emergency clinic to get the lab stitched up. Cut his side on a welded wire panel end.

Any one wanna get in the pool on vet bill? Without seeing it I'm guessing $500.

Ouch! I think my wife and I are over $4000 in vets bills between stitches and surgeries on our two labs in the last 5 years

Emergency vet? I'd take your highest guess and double it :mad:
I was surprised when we took our dog in a couple of years ago. He got into a marijuana edible or something on a hike and got pumped full of charcoal. It was only about 250-300 as I recall.

I was surprised when we took our dog in a couple of years ago. He got into a marijuana edible or something on a hike and got pumped full of charcoal. It was only about 250-300 as I recall.

Man, I took my dog in after my sis-in-law's dog blindsided him and tore a hole in his side, they wanted $1200 for SIX stitches! I took the estimate page from the tech and went down the list with a pen and crossed off everything unnecessary until I was back at $600, and she said "ok, let's get started!"

Can’t remember how much it cost us last time. A couple hundred, but it was business hours.

The worst one was a 6 inch v-shaped gash on her chest while bird hunting. Luckily the friend hunting with us was a vet. Stitches on the kitchen counter only cost us some whiskey and beer.

Non stop vet bills here:
Dog #1 (11yo) multiple cancer fat cells, surgery removed this year $1200 (Included plaque cleaning + bad tooth removed). Two years ago fat cells, $800.
Dog #2 (12yo) fight with raccoon = $550 ER (Ugly fight)
Dog #3 (15yo) plaque teeth cleaning $300

Aged dogs... Where the ugly equations become a factor. Anticipated life remaining + dog challenge = yes, no, reduced... I really do not like these decisions.

For 2Rocky Pool - I'll say $525 I think y'er close @ $500.

Past couple years we’re at $800 for my lab for an intestinal blockage from eating sticks the first couple months we moved here.

Followed shortly thereafter by a $1400 surgery/biopsy for a suspected mammary tumor.

Within a week of that we got a $300 course of antibiotics for a secondary infection at the surgery site. Pretty sweet deal. Have since learned that vet is hot garbage so next major thing we’ll be going elsewhere, loss of confidence is tough to gain back.

These are rookie number. My wife is a radiation tech at an animal oncology center and some treatments cost over $10,000 for a round of treatment.

These are rookie number. My wife is a radiation tech at an animal oncology center and some treatments cost over $10,000 for a round of treatment.
There ya go. I had a fungal treatment that the medicine alone was around $3500. Tack on office visits and what not, I've chosen to never add it up.

We have insurance. Pays 90% of emergency and non-routine care. $46.00 a month isn't so bad after walking out with $2300.00 in a vet bill!

A T post (metal fence post for you city boys)
Left propped up on the ground, through and through. $1500

Attachments

• EA965CCA-0DB2-48BB-ABE8-693D39B0EFB9.jpeg
    EA965CCA-0DB2-48BB-ABE8-693D39B0EFB9.jpeg
    993.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 1C93ECA8-05F7-4FEB-B311-05B6546483EF.jpeg
    1C93ECA8-05F7-4FEB-B311-05B6546483EF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • D099D081-4BAC-424F-B24E-2288138C2D5F.jpeg
    D099D081-4BAC-424F-B24E-2288138C2D5F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • E9DE25BA-EB58-4685-9431-E434A9C22D11.jpeg
    E9DE25BA-EB58-4685-9431-E434A9C22D11.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
My vet bills are so high that when Mrs. Fin's 17 year-old cockapoo goes to Boot Hill, our vet has offered to buy us two new dogs. It would be a great investment for him.

I'm too embarrassed to say what we have paid for vet bills over the years. I hope it doesn't damage your hunting budget.

AAARRRRGGGHHH.....

Headed t o the emergency clinic to get the lab stitched up. Cut his side on a welded wire panel end.

Any one wanna get in the pool on vet bill? Without seeing it I'm guessing $500.

Oh wait, there was a request for a pool...my official guess is $957.81

My vet bills are so high that when Mrs. Fin's 17 year-old cockapoo goes to Boot Hill, our vet has offered to buy us two new dogs. It would be a great investment for him.

I'm too embarrassed to say what we have paid for vet bills over the years. I hope it doesn't damage your hunting budget.
Firstly, same issues in the UK, example, my neighbour got charged $75 for a 5 minute consultation and a tablet for her dog!

Cockapoo, my best mate bought one 2 months ago, lovely looking dog, but started to run on 3 legs, vets investigated, yep you guessed it, hip dysplasia, any future treatment won't be covered by their insurance, breeder doesn't want to know, trouble is they love the dog now so will just have to stump up the cash in the future.
Doesn't help the dog charges around like it's on some sort of illegal drug, it's crazy!

Cheers

Richard

we saved a 10 yr old lab, he spent the first 10 yrs on a chain in a over grown back yard rain or shine wind and cold not much shelter he was malnurished had ear infections and a few other issues
it was amazing on what we spent at the vets for a free dog . he wasnt even brown but kinda redish color from malnutrition and was grumpy too
but hes a brown happy dog now big baby

Back