Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Very, Very NOT right

Gunner46

Obama just made a public speech that he would take all means to usurp Congress to drive through his agenda for immigration reform. If he is making this stand on immigration, then where does he stop with the rest of our laws. Usurp Congress ????? Really ?

Obama just made a public speech that he would take all means to usurp Congress to drive through his agenda for immigration reform. If he is making this stand on immigration, then where does he stop with the rest of our laws. Usurp Congress ????? Really ?

Given Congress' inability to function a President has every right to use his powers given to him. If he oversteps those powers, we have the courts. Every President has done this in one way or another.

Another campaign speech. Going on 7 years years of them....

Of course it's not political theater when democrats indulge.

"Given Congress' inability to function".....by who's standard ? An incumbent, Political $$$$. The Constitution, Bill of Rights, were drawn from men with deep insight to a Free society. Yes, I Do stand steadfastly behind allowing any & all peoples to seek our freedom. There are some basic rules to follow, just do it and WELCOME.

The chap on my a$$ is the arrogance he espoused to our judicial, executive system. "I want this, and it will be the D G way "I" want it !

by who's standard

Just about any American with a pulse and a basic understanding of how our three branches of Government work.

Go find me a single President that hasn't gotten on stage like this when Congress has been dysfunctional. NHY nailed it, it pretty much theater.

Another campaign speech. Going on 7 years years of them....

Of course it's not political theater when democrats indulge.

I'm reminded of the sage advice Tuco gave in the Good, the Bad & the Ugly: If your going to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

Congress handed a lot of authority over to the President in the last years, especially post 9-11.

Now conservatives are ticked off that someone other than W. is using them.

Vanity of vanities. The whole thing is a vain parade.

Anyone know how many votes Harry Reid has allowed this year? But I'm sure that's the republicans fault.

Not sure you want to use this metric, since the House continues to send bills that they know have no chance of getting a hearing.

it takes two to tango, and in that regard, how many bills has the senate sent to the House with broad support that have stalled and died because nobody wants to actually govern.

They want to prance around and act like they do something without actually doing anything.

Gridlock is a function, and not always a bad one. Just because it is so important to Obama, doesn't mean it is important to everyone else in the country. He only wants it because it secures his party votes, forever.

Not sure anyone would attempt to paint Harry Reid by any measure an arbiter Ben.

Agreed.

But you send bills you know have no chance of passing to another house, why should he negotiate?

Boehner & Reid have ground things to a halt. Difference is, Reid still controls his caucus. Boehner can't control his.

So, would you say Harry has them marching in lock step to his desires. I thought the senate was suppose to be full of independent thinkers.

Gridlock is a function, and not always a bad one. Just because it is so important to Obama, doesn't mean it is important to everyone else in the country. He only wants it because it secures his party votes, forever.

Agreed on gridlock, and it is part of the brilliance of our system. That said I don't get why the some portions of the GOP is digging their heels in so hard on this. At the end of the day, the demographics of the country are changing, you can either adapt or be left behind. Guys like Cantor get shot down for even sniffing around the edges.

So, would you say Harry has them marching in lock step to his desires. I thought the senate was suppose to be full of independent thinkers.

It is, but you still caucus.

It's how the legislative system set up. What do you think the purpose of a whip is?

Ben - I'd argue that Harry doesn't want to allow votes on any subjects which may compromise his fellow Senators that are up for re-election in traditional Red states...whether the subject has merit or not. I see it as defensive politics.

For the life of me, I can't understand how anyone can condone amnesty for law breakers. I think Obama is worthless, but I kinda like what he had to say today. He wants to put more enforcement on the border, stem the flow of illegals and deport "recent" invaders. This doesn't require any action from congress, he just needs to enforce the laws he previously directed to be ignored. His rhetoric today is just grandstanding. He should follow Tuco's advice.

Agreed on gridlock, and it is part of the brilliance of our system. That said I don't get why the some portions of the GOP is digging their heels in so hard on this. At the end of the day, the demographics of the country are changing, you can either adapt or be left behind. Guys like Cantor get shot down for even sniffing around the edges.

No other country in the world makes it as easy as they are proposing, so why is it a good idea for us? By my understanding a lot of people are able to figure out how to come into the country legally, we don't make it that hard. I understand that if we make them citizens we can tax them, but we could also deport them, as they are, by the law, criminals. We would never give a pass to everyone who has committed identity theft

http://www.immigroup.com/news/top-10-immigration-friendly-countries

The only motivation that makes sense is that they want a bunch of new voters. We get all worked up when big business props up our politicians, but when they find a vulnerable group that has no choice but to vote for a given political party, we try and rationalize a bunch of reasons why we should let it ride. I just cannot understand the logic of this, it may exist, I just don't see it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back