Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Valle Vidal Spring Bear Hunt 2023

Congrats! Beautiful bear, fantastic country in the VV. I got to help out a buddy who drew a youth elk tag in there a couple years ago. It was an awesome experience.

Great pics and write up. Post over on spring bear thread and you will be the one to start the official thread next year.

First hunttalk bear?👀
First BBD of the season (big boar down).

Rarely does passing such a big boar early result in another big boar later that you take home!! Congrats!! Your thread brought back tons of memories of running bears in Western Washington’s steep timberlands.

First BBD of the season (big boar down).

Rarely does passing such a big boar early result in another big boar later that you take home!! Congrats!! Your thread brought back tons of memories or running bears in Western Washington’s steep timberlands.
Thankyou sir! I love it! Hunting with hounds is amazing. And so rewarding. And I'm so blessed to get another chance at a big boar after passing that first one🙈

Thankyou sir! I love it! Hunting with hounds is amazing. And so rewarding. And I'm so blessed to get another chance at a big boar after passing that first one🙈
Hunting bears with hounds is a whole different game compared to cats. Many times we had bears run into the next day without catching them or like yours, tree/bay multiple miles from a road with no trail to them. Even had some we ran multiple times that began to outsmart us!!

Loved your thread.

Hunting bears with hounds is a whole different game compared to cats. Many times we had bears run into the next day without catching them or like yours, tree/bay multiple miles from a road with no trail to them. Even had some we ran multiple times that began to outsmart us!!

Loved your thread.
Yep that's how it goes. Run more bears but they are harder to hold then a cat it seems like usually

Enjoyed reading about your hunt. Didn’t find this thread until this evening but we crossed paths on Friday morning, Got to pet a few of those dogs. My wife had a turkey tag up there and we were just starting to hike down the creek from the parking area at the bottom end of the loop road. Congrats on the bear.

Enjoyed reading about your hunt. Didn’t find this thread until this evening but we crossed paths on Friday morning, Got to pet a few of those dogs. My wife had a turkey tag up there and we were just starting to hike down the creek from the parking area at the bottom end of the loop road. Congrats on the bear.
Man I felt bad about that. Didn't see youall till you walked across the opening. Hopefully they didn't mess anything up for youall.

Any luck on the turkey hunt?

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back