PEAX Equipment

Valle Vidal Spring Bear Hunt 2023

Valley1320

Well back in February I put in for the valle vidal bear hunts and a few weeks later got lucky enough to see green fo rather spring hunt. I hunt with hounds and my buddy that has hounds will be bringing his as well. Planning to go up and hunt for a week starting next Monday evening we plan to get camp set up and come back home the following Saturday night. Going to be taking our horses and mule as well. Not really planning on killing a bear unless we tree a big boar. What I really want is the experience watch the dogs work and enjoy time in the mountains with friends and family.

Working on getting stuff packed up and ready today. I didn't mention I've never been to the valle vidal before this. My buddy that has hounds as been about 5 years ago. He said there was corrals there for horses but no gates on them. Has anyone been up there the last couple years and do they know if that's changed? I'm planning to throw a few panels on the side of the trailer jus in case

Also forgot to mention my bear tag is still not here. It's been well over 14 days since I bought it and it's showed mailed for at least a week and half. If its not here tomorrow morning I guess I'll head straight to raton to get a duplicate.

Last edited:
Back