Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Valle Vidal Spring Bear Hunt 2023

Congrats on the bear!! Great write up. The snow came in right as I left. I met a couple of your dogs while I was up there in April. They looked thirsty so I shared some water 😂 I’m heading back up there tomorrow to hopefully find the one from your first picture!

Attachments

• View recent photos.png
    View recent photos.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 29
Congrats on the bear!! Great write up. The snow came in right as I left. I met a couple of your dogs while I was up there in April. They looked thirsty so I shared some water 😂 I’m heading back up there tomorrow to hopefully find the one from your first picture!
Good luck!!!! Hope you get one!!!

Does anyone know how much a bear head shrinks? Will he still be Boone and crockett after he drys? Had one guy tell me that they shrink around a 1/4 inch he thought....
I had a bear that I had all the meat cleaned really well off his head and he was sitting at 20 then boiled him and it was 19.75. Never did measure after 60 days. I have heard beetles give you the least shrink haven’t compared so not sure if that’s true

Hell of a bear. When they get that nice defined crease in their head it usually doesn’t disappoint. Congrats, that’s a slob.

Congrats Beautiful bear both size and color if you took the measurements off the skull the way it is shown in the picture it will be different after cleaning and the 60 day drying.
No I didnt I did it like Boone and crockett showed after I skinned it out. If you mean with the meat on yes I did. And I know ill get some shrinkage I jus hope not 3/4s a inch of it😂

No I didnt I did it like Boone and crockett showed after I skinned it out. If you mean with the meat on yes I did. And I know ill get some shrinkage I jus hope not 3/4s a inch of it😂
Ya thats what i meant if you measured with meat on as in picture you will lose more then just shrinkage, if your concerned about score then clean as soon as possible and get the 60 days done with. could use beetles if you no of some close to you. But as said a beauty bear no matter what.

Back