Yeti GOBOX Collection

Vacation Ideas

My wife and I usually try to get a week break from Idaho winters. Last year we went to Turks and Caicos and loved it. Seems kind of not yet "discovered", less touristy than most places we have been. Incredible beaches and snorkeling.

I spent a month in Costa Rica and thought it was amazing. My sister just spent two weeks in Nicaragua and said the same thing. Difference being that everybody believes Nicaragua is this war torn hell hole (most also think its in Africa for some reason) so everything was dirt cheap and you didn't have tourist everywhere.

Caye Caulker, Belize.

I would suggest going to San Pedros, Belize. It is on Ambyrgis Caye a small island off of the mainland of Belize. We stayed at the Victoria House. Belize is the perfect combination of beautiful resort (like Sandals) and a local feel (like Costa Rica). You can stay and relax/eat at the resort or you can go to the local shops in town. The locals are so friendly and everyone is just happy. The scuba diving is top notch with having the 2nd largest barrier reef. You can swin with shark and stingrays as well as see every kind of fish possible.

I don't think you would be disappointed with Belize and anyone who has been there I bet would aggree. PM me if you have more questions.

Secret Capri in mya Rivera cancun area. All inclusive awesome place you never have to leave the resort which I liked.

My wife and I usually try to get a week break from Idaho winters. Last year we went to Turks and Caicos and loved it. Seems kind of not yet "discovered", less touristy than most places we have been. Incredible beaches and snorkeling.

My wife and I went to Turks and Caicos in 2008. It was very nice, relaxing - and not yet discovered by American tourists. Most of the folks we met were from Europe.

We got a room that had a kitchen and went to the local grocery store to stock up. We hit 1 restaurant (Hemingway's I believe). Booze was silly cheap but beer very expensive. Tough problems to have....

Thanks for all the replies guys. We have several to choose from and kinda keep coming back to the Keys we like the idea that in the US. But haven't finalized anything yet. I knew I would get a lot of ideas on here. Thanks for the help. Any ideas on super awesome experiences in the Keys? Pros/Cons?

Not sure where home is for you but I agree with tarheel if the east coast is closer, and souther CA would be nice too if you are out west. My parents went and said the drive along the coast is one of the most beautiful places they have been. For what its worth, if you've never seen the ocean, pick some place in the USA. I would hate for your first glimpse of the ocean to be from a plane. The Caribbean is pretty however and probably more romantic if thats your thing. Its hard to go wrong with almost any of the suggestions here.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm a MT boy so its a longs ways from home no matter which way I go.

MT boy here as well. I've been to both sides of Mexico multiple times, on a cruise, the Caribbean, three of the Hawaiian islands and Costa Rica.

Hands down my favorite trip was Costa Rica, pacific coast, followed by Kauai. Neither will disappoint.

A lot of good choices but I'm still going with the lower keys.....all the benefits of the islands and you won't need a passport......:cool:

Is January or Feb a good time to go to florida.

One could easily argue it's never a good time to go to Florida...I have to waste some jet fuel and spend a week in Orlando in Feb...whining aside, prices are good that time of year.

If I was you (in Montana) I'd look at Cabo if you want an all inclusive, or Hawaii (pick an island) and do an Air B&B rental of a condo. That way you'd have a kitchen, could kick back and move around the island at your pace.

If you just want to sit still with a been in hand and toes in the sand I'd go all inclusive.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm a MT boy so its a longs ways from home no matter which way I go.

Compared to Montana the Oregon Coast is warm in January.;) It's also very uncrowded, almost deserted actually. Plus it's just a short drive and very romantic.

January is actually a great time to visit but you probably won't get a tan.

Anyone have any specifics that they would like to share about the florida keys. hotels, bars, eateries. ect.. Thanks for the help? PM me if u like.
Thanks All

Belize is a nice place to relax. Or you could visit New Zealand and go hunting when not at the beach :)

Anyone have any specifics that they would like to share about the florida keys. hotels, bars, eateries. ect.. Thanks for the help? PM me if u like.
Thanks All

If you go to Key West avoid the pretty "girls" on Duval street:eek:

Take an airboat ride in the everglades, thats a blast if you get the right captain.

Back