VA Elk Hunt Help!

I bought a chance but if you missed it, you likely saved yourself 43 bucks or whatever it was if you are a Non-Resident. I think it cost a Resident 20 but am not for sure. I'm sure many thousands of folks if not more paid for a chance. I'm just inside NC but I do hunt VA also sometimes since I live so close. I feel like something went wrong with the NC Elk program. I had high hopes that one day I might hunt elk in NC but it didn't happen and I'm wondering if it ever will?

As to Elk hunting opportunities, tomorrow as most know is the last day to put in for the Montana Elk draw. I put in for my tag yesterday. It is only my second time putting in for the Montana draw as the 1st member of our small group. I have 2 other local friends that should be putting their names in the pot tomorrow. So either we all three get in or none of us and I'm actually OK with however it works out.

Ok, I delayed posting this a few minutes too long and it went past midnight so Actually, today is the last day to sign up for the draw, No April fools joke either.

I got friends in that area and I can be there in about an hour... Just saying.

In all seriousness I’m just very excited to see elk back on the landscape all around the country, was happy to toss some app money at VA to keep up the good work.

If I actually did draw, 100% I’d do a HT camp and go full Utah ;) we need like 25 Big Hank hats in that photo.

In all seriousness I’m just very excited to see elk back on the landscape all around the country, was happy to toss some app money at VA to keep up the good work.

If I actually did draw, 100% I’d do a HT camp and go full Utah ;) we need like 25 Big Hank hats in that photo.
I'm only a couple hours away and I would be down 100% to go down and help.

Oh I would be down for a VA elk camp in a heartbeat. Do it real deer club style. Eggs, bacon, grits, coffee, sign out board, dogs, fire, stories, heart and tenderloins with onions and peppers. Yee haw.

✔️Festus ~1 hour away.

#gotmybighankhatalready

I'm in NoVA and would help, but I'm assuming I'll have used all my vacation and kitchen passes getting a bull back here from Wyoming or Colorado, depending on the fickleness of the point creep gods.

But, I mean...yeah, I put in in Virginia too. Even talked all my buddies out of applying because "there's no way, it's only five tags and thousands upon thousands of applicants." Doing my part dammit.

I'm there...

Along with the misses...

The cow party would be immense. No big bull would be able to survive this hunt.

I'm in NoVA and would help, but I'm assuming I'll have used all my vacation and kitchen passes getting a bull back here from Wyoming or Colorado, depending on the fickleness of the point creep gods.

But, I mean...yeah, I put in in Virginia too. Even talked all my buddies out of applying because "there's no way, it's only five tags and thousands upon thousands of applicants." Doing my part dammit.
Its really only 3 tags since one is being raffled and another goes to a resident that lives in the three elk counties.

Its really only 3 tags since one is being raffled and another goes to a resident that lives in the three elk counties.
Where’d you get that information? Information of the DWR site says 5 tags available for drawing and 1 additional tag will be given away to used raise money.

I didn't know that. I sure wish I was one of those residents. Not bad odds. I think I would have bought about 50 chances if I lived in one of those counties.

Where’d you get that information? Information of the DWR site says 5 tags available for drawing and 1 additional tag will be given away to used raise money.
Reading back over it on the Virginia game and fish website you are correct about the additional tag. So there actually six tags total with one going to be raffled, and one going to a resident of the elk management area. 4 tags will be available to those not in the EMZ. My mistake.

Reading back over it on the Virginia game and fish website you are correct about the additional tag. So there actually six tags total with one going to be raffled, and one going to a resident of the elk management area. 4 tags will be available to those not in the EMZ. My mistake.
No worries; but looking through the regs only one tag will be awarded to a nonresident.

Attachments

• 15FE37CB-6D97-46BC-B24D-EBDB9055AD00.png
    15FE37CB-6D97-46BC-B24D-EBDB9055AD00.png
    652.5 KB · Views: 4
Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back