MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

VA Elk Hunt Help!

AvidIndoorsman

Not asking for anyone's honey holes, but I'm planning on applying for the VA NR elk tag and was hoping I could get pointed in the right direction.

I'm not going to do any scouting if I draw, because I have lots of other hunts planned and am busy with work. I also have never been to VA and am too cheap to buy OnX for e-scouting... blew my wad this year on this sweet tactical pack with lots of molle straps. It's great for attaching my night vision goggles and hauling around my hatchet collection on Texas dall sheep hunts.

Oh man, sorry for being long winded, anyway if anyone from VA could post trail cam pics and coordinates to this thread that would be ideal, I don't plan on logging in again so please don't PM me, I'm just going to bookmark this thread on my browser.

Also I'm really into this Rob Shaul guy after a couple of podcasts he did about the efficacy of cyber bullying in creating conservation advocates, so I definitely won't come back and tell you guys how it went after I draw.

Oh ps... do you think a .300win mag with 180grain bullets is good elk medicine, that's my go to whitetail load thinking I might need a RUM?

I’d up your elk medicine to .50 bmg out of a brand new Barrett. Never know when you one might decide to charge you in the rut up in them smokies mtns.

I’d up your elk medicine to .50 bmg out of a brand new Barrett. Never know when you one might decide to charge you in the rut up in them smokies mtns.
Great point! Depleted uranium rounds I know this, guy out of Ukraine. I think he went under the handle mudranger for a brief stint... he gave everyone a really hard time and got banned.

Nobody has honey holes yet...your screwed. Mightswell save the airfare and stay home

Here you go pics from my family farm in Buchanan co VA. Steep stuff. Do you even work out bro?

Attachments

• 2DAE0CD7-5F55-4E37-B50E-E166D61D6CAE.jpeg
    2DAE0CD7-5F55-4E37-B50E-E166D61D6CAE.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 87
  • C220CDA1-FE9E-4C1B-B406-30EC104BFB9B.png
    C220CDA1-FE9E-4C1B-B406-30EC104BFB9B.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 84
Ridges are steep and fairly close together. If you have a creedmore you'll be good to 1000 yds or so. Plenty of craft breweries around too so the fun won't stop after the trigger is pulled.
So plan to take one day one and then beer crawl… perfect

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back