Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

VA Elk Hunt Help!

If anyone on here draws send me a message. Id like to be a part of the scouting and pack out.

The way I read it for 2022 - 1Resident elk zone tag, 4 general tags (NR eligible to draw 1 of those), 1 Conservation tag, for 6 total.

One tag at most, there is no guarantee a NR will draw. They have the same odds as residents that dont live in the EMZ.
But there is a huntable elk population!!!!

When was the last time there were a hunt-able population?

My 8x grandfather was born in Jamestown in 1759 were there elk then?

The way I read it for 2022 - 1 Nonresident Tag, 1Resident elk zone tag, 3 Resident tags, 1 Conservation tag, for 6 total.
Read the "Special elk hunting license allotment" one or 10% NR tag AT MOST but not guaranteed.

I would love to see 500,000 elk east of the Mississippi in my lifetime… pipe dream but would be amazing.

I seems like like landscape could probably support them.

I mean MA has close to 1/3 the deer population of CO and it’s the size of a county.
I'd like to see it too but residents wont let that happen. They bitch about the deer eating their flowers and the car accidents around here but wont let you hunt their property. I think a lot of the residents of VA threw a big bitch fit when the elk were reintroduced.

I'd like to see it too but residents wont let that happen. They bitch about the deer eating their flowers and the car accidents around here but wont let you hunt their property. I think a lot of the residents of VA threw a big bitch fit when the elk were reintroduced.
And we give the ranchers in MT a hard time 🙄

I just learned that 1500 folks hunted elk in VA in 1958...

The Farm Bureau was the main opposition that I recall.

I just learned that 1500 folks hunted elk in VA in 1958...

The Farm Bureau was the main opposition that I recall.
Anytime an elk wanders out of the EMZ you can shoot it during deer season and use a deer tag on it. Seems like theyre trying really hard to keep them in those three counties only.

In all seriousness I’m just very excited to see elk back on the landscape all around the country, was happy to toss some app money at VA to keep up the good work.

If I actually did draw, 100% I’d do a HT camp and go full Utah ;) we need like 25 Big Hank hats in that photo.
I can be there before he hits the ground to drag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back