Caribou Gear Tarp

Use Enough Gun

I had a Partition bounce of the shoulder of a boar once.
30-06, 150 yards on the run. I hit that pig 4 times and my buddy hit it twice with 7mm08 in the ass. We found the boar a mile away, bled out.
Boar weighed 350 @ the CAG&F scale @ FHL. Gutted.

I had a guy hit a bull here last year in the shoulder with a 270,350 yards,quartering to him,Partition. Never found that bull,and he went down 6 times before he hopped the fence. Guy swears he knows his rifle and has taken 3 elk with same setup.

I think the anatomy video is on page 3 of this one.

I packed a .223 looking for bears this weekend. Sorry if that ruffled anybody’s feathers. I plan to hunt with that little rifle a lot this spring, again.

What bullet you running in the 223?

Well the .243 is definitely enough for deer, but I have seen at least one 400lb wild pig with my own eyes.

I guess you would call it wild It had been tampered with. Someone had captured it, cut it, and turned it back loose at some point. Was a genuine russian boar without all of the equipment lol. Was half as long as my grandpas Bronco 2 that did a wheelie trying to pull the thing up out of the canal that it manage to plunge into upon being shot.

A .243 can't kill deer and 400 lb wild pigs both reside in the same spot on my truth meter.

Well the .243 is definitely enough for deer, but I have seen at least one 400lb wild pig with my own eyes.

I guess you would call it wild It had been tampered with. Someone had captured it, cut it, and turned it back loose at some point. Was a genuine russian boar without all of the equipment lol. Was half as long as my grandpas Bronco 2 that did a wheelie trying to pull the thing up out of the canal that it manage to plunge into upon being shot.
A .243 with a good bullet and the right shooter can be a do all for North America

I had a Partition bounce of the shoulder of a boar once.
30-06, 150 yards on the run. I hit that pig 4 times and my buddy hit it twice with 7mm08 in the ass. We found the boar a mile away, bled out.
Boar weighed 350 @ the CAG&F scale @ FHL. Gutted.

I had a guy hit a bull here last year in the shoulder with a 270,350 yards,quartering to him,Partition. Never found that bull,and he went down 6 times before he hopped the fence. Guy swears he knows his rifle and has taken 3 elk with same setup.
gotcha but with those quartering shots anything can happen an at times and often the bullet regardless of construction never penetrates the chest cavity and slides along between the shoulder and the ribs. Can't blame the caliber or bullet its just what happens a percentage of the time on a quartering to you shot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back