Lucky or good?

GOOD GOD! That was awesome! I am going to try it… I have been researching these for a while, they work.

Now that's a face plant! Although considering I probably wouldn't have taken that shot & seen if a better opportunity would have presented itself. But that was freaking awesome!

I'm not sure how anyone can endorse that shot. That being said, it was pretty awesome to watch. Seeing the blood pour out of that shot was amazing.

Sadly it just inspired an entire group of people to attempt that shot rather than wait for a high percentage shot.

It's a great shot in my opinion. That bull probably wishes he would have waited for the Bowhunters ed shot.

friend lost a bull last year doing it. I past one at about 15 yards two years ago but my dad has dropped a couple deer in their tracks doing it..perfect situation I would say yes it is an awesome video though

He obviously hit the jugler (sp?). I am not sure how big a spot that is on an elk, but it seems like if he hit inches right or left he would have missed it and only gotten 12-14" of penetration through alot of muscle, and would have gotten a marginal hit on one lung. I could maybe see it on a deer or goat where you could get more penetration, but I don't have enough experience on elk to know whether this is a good idea or not. It was sweet to watch though.

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that he actually hit that elk in the neck? If you look at the Grip and Grin at the end, you can see the hole in the neck. I doubt the arrow exited, that being the case, looks like he was lucky enough to hit the jugular. Seems like a low percentage shot to me; but Absolutely, Congrats to the young Hunter!! Nice Shot.

He obviously hit the jugler (sp?). I am not sure how big a spot that is on an elk, but it seems like if he hit inches right or left he would have missed it and only gotten 12-14" of penetration through alot of muscle, and would have gotten a marginal hit on one lung. I could maybe see it on a deer or goat where you could get more penetration, but I don't have enough experience on elk to know whether this is a good idea or not. It was sweet to watch though.

X2.

Totally unethical shot. That bull jumps the string more times then not and who knows what happens. Why not aim for the ass next time and hope to hit the femoral.

Made for an awesome story. Problem is now that shot gains credibility.

The first Bull I ever shot with a bow was a little 5Pt. head on at 3 steps. Very similar results to the video in the O.P. I've seen the shot work but I understand why most consider it unethical. It's not a shot I plan on ever taking again.

Hmmm, lets say I lob a 40 yarder at this bull, how much more surface area outside the kill zone is there to hit that would wound or maim the bull if I if were to gank the shot, compared to the frontal shot?

Attachments

• P1030585broadside.jpg
    P1030585broadside.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 739
Especially because everyone aims here with an arrow then whines when their "perfect" broadside hit resulted in a untagged elk.

Attachments

• P1030585arrow.jpg
    P1030585arrow.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 739
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back