Unreconcilable?

Part of me hopes so, it would raise the stock price of my former employer. Kidding, sorta, maybe mostly.

There are still cards to play. One would be tapping into the Strategic reserve. I'm not sure how I feel about doing that. That would partly answer any oil shortage.

Visiting with a neighbor recently, he works in the Bakken, he said they are very busy. A bottleneck...replacing all of the people from the layoff when prices dropped.

It would not shock me to see prices quite a bit higher. I'm old enough to have lived thru the Arab oil embargo and all that entailed. So it seems like another lap around the track.
70's all over again. I've been saying that for awhile.

The strategic reserve is kind of like the ultimate prepper having a full propane tank hooked up to a generator just incase the natural gas and electric supply goes down.😁

Back to agreement.

It's stupid to release the strategic reserve in order to reduce gasoline prices.

Only to fill it back up with Saudi oil at $20 more a barrel in a couple months.

Oil is a global commodity. Where else would they get it from? The article you posted shows that US exports are pretty well under contract.

Markets have spoken and gas beats coal by a mile. NextGen nukes better than either.
Yea, no. The market was distorted by a concerted effort to chose winners and losers.
And next gen nukes don't currently exist. Plus leftists tree huggers hate nukes as much as coal plants.

Last edited:
Oil is a global commodity. Where else would they get it from? The article you posted shows that US exports are pretty well under contract.
We could take our boot off the throat of the poor misunderstood Iranians.😉

Yea, no. The market was distorted by a concerted effort to chose winners and losers.

Society has every right to distort a market, if they decide it is in the public interest.

There is hardly an area where a thumb is not on the scale somewhere, from someone. Is agriculture a free market, without subsidies? Are tariffs not a distortion of the market?

Society has every right to distort a market, if they decide it is in the public interest.

There is hardly an area where a thumb is not on the scale somewhere, from someone. Is agriculture a free market, without subsidies? Are tariffs not a distortion of the market?
That may be true. Has nothing to do with the fact coal was on the receiving end of a concerted plan to drive it under
Ben I am all for ending all subsidies and letting the chips fall where they may. You would not like it if that ever happened.

That may be true. Has nothing to do with the fact coal was on the receiving end of a concerted plan to drive it under
I'd say it is a perfect example. It obvious that the developed world is trying to move away from coal. We could debate there is no clear path going forward.
Ben I am all for ending all subsidies and letting the chips fall where they may. You would not like it if that ever happened.

It will never happen.

A level playing ground hasn't existed since before the teapot dome scandal.

Let's hope it doesn't follow the trend and bust in a decade or so.

Kemmerer is a great little town. The 250 or so permanent, good paying jobs would be fantastic for the community. The 2500 or so imported jobs that will leave post construction won't be too much different than the man camps they're used too.

But there's many a slip twixt the cup & the lip, as William Bonney once said. I'm old enough to remember the Two Elk boondoggle, failed storage proposals and 2 decades of promises of clean coal to have much faith in it until it's actually in operation. Optimism is warranted, but it should be tempered with a realistic expectation based on past rain makers coming to town.

Kemmerer is a great little town. The 250 or so permanent, good paying jobs would be fantastic for the community. The 2500 or so imported jobs that will leave post construction won't be too much different than the man camps they're used too.

But there's many a slip twixt the cup & the lip, as William Bonney once said. I'm old enough to remember the Two Elk boondoggle, failed storage proposals and 2 decades of promises of clean coal to have much faith in it until it's actually in operation. Optimism is warranted, but it should be tempered with a realistic expectation based on past rain makers coming to town.
Sure, my point was that WY is the capital of boom and bust. Let's hope this nuke project doesn't bust...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back