Unit 31 Idaho

Trailboss208

Know of any good place I should try to find elk In 31 Idaho Oct 1 to Oct 15 2013 plz help never have hunting there be for

I hunted that unit and season several years ago. Just try to find somewhere the other hunters aren't. They seem to react quickly to the influx of hunters and leave the areas they have been in during the summer. In my case, the ranchers pushed their cattle out a day or two before the opener, which seemed to push the elk out of where they had been when I scouted. There's a lot of private land around there that they know is safe.

Know of any good place I should try to find elk In 31 Idaho Oct 1 to Oct 15 2013 plz help never have hunting there be for

I would say pick a spot of public on a map and go scout it, I did that and after the second trip I found them., but I did that in a unit next too 31, that unit has some big bulls, steep country, and thick brush, the 3 reasons I didn't scout there along with a lot of pressure, you have too adapt in that unit,
Matt

Get in there before the 10th. That general deer hunt is something to behold. Was there in '00 and feared for my life as the camp down the road started shooting off AK's the night of the opener.

Lot of bowhunters the month before but get a bull to respond to a call and you'll find some cows.

Get in there before the 10th. That general deer hunt is something to behold. Was there in '00 and feared for my life as the camp down the road started shooting off AK's the night of the opener.

Lot of bowhunters the month before but get a bull to respond to a call and you'll find some cows.

Yep. The year I had that tag, I couldn't wait to get home to relax! Craziness. Both elk and deer openers were blown by idiots driving on closed roads. I think I see less traffic when I drive to Boise on the freeway.:eek:

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back