Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Ukraine / Russia

You can’t set corp tax rates with an internal perspective- it is a global question. You have to stay within reach of your competitors or the nation loses wealth/resources that hit everyone. As for whatever we did in the 50s and 60s, it is irrelevant as we were a defacto industrial/agricultural monopoly as a big slice of the world was still recovering from the war, another big part coming out of imperialistic control and another big part walled off by the Cold War. Corp taxes are a trade policy question more than a budget question in 2022.
Agree. Post WWII we still operated like a family budget with rev-expenses>0. Then we discovered that we could have all the benefits of government without paying for them. Yippee!
Pharma companies moving to Ireland for the tax break is a great example of your international competitive example. The world has gotten smaller.

Who on this thread is arguing to cut corporate taxes? I haven't seen one person. Yet you and Buzz have referenced that multiple times.

I'm not in favor of cutting or raising corp taxes. Much like the minimum wage, it is more a political tool than an economic tool. Helps to divide "classes" and distract.
Just saying corporate taxes should go back to what they were in 2017- you remember that tax cut. You are arguing the opposite. You are trying to change your baseline in the argument from 2017 to 2022.

Higher than that during WWII and they still made profits.

Corporate America has been stinging non stop about that ever since then. Let's just cut through the crap, they've been pushing toward zero corporate taxes since 1945.

They're winning and the uneducated are delirious in their support of allowing it to happen and handing it to them on bent knees.

Unbelievable.
Grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.......

I thought this was a thread on the Ukraine Russia conflict and how it would impact markets?

A lot of misinformation on corporate taxes coming from both sides that really don't have much bearing to the thread.
Thread twist rate changed. Bullet shot may vary.

Agree. I'll push my response over to another thread in $ / finance.

Tell me about all that cost savings you encountered when agent orange cut corporate tax rates by 14%...

When you research that follow it up with profit margins that corporations enjoyed from their windfall.

They didn't pass those profits to the consumer, their employees, and in many cases not even share holders.

WAFJ.
I never said they did...

Who on this thread is arguing to cut corporate taxes? I haven't seen one person. Yet you and Buzz have referenced that multiple times.

I'm not in favor of cutting or raising corp taxes. Much like the minimum wage, it is more a political tool than an economic tool. Helps to divide "classes" and distract.
exactly

Russia sabotaging their own pipeline just doesn’t make sense. It’s one of the last few tools they have for negotiation. They make money and can influence Europe by leaving it open and feathering the gas supplys as they see fit for the price they see fit.
I guess it doesn’t really matter who did it, just who gets blamed for it.

Don't know if she is crazy, but definitely hot. Never heard exactly which Politico of ours she was getting chummy with when they had to deport her, but have a hunch.

Anna Chapman https://g.co/kgs/oY4Ya8
Well that sure peaked my Ukraine v Russia interest!

On the dim side of Ukraine...

Uncle Vlad Needs You...

The U.S. Embassy in Moscow issued a security alert overnight that urged U.S. citizens to leave Russia immediately while there are still options for departing the country.

The alert comes in the wake of Russian President Vladimir Putin's order for partial mobilization of Russian men to fight in his war in Ukraine.

"Russia may refuse to acknowledge dual nationals' U.S. citizenship, deny their access to U.S. consular assistance, prevent their departure from Russia, and conscript dual nationals for military service," the alert said.

The alert added, "Russian authorities have arrested U.S. citizens who have participated in demonstrations."

The embassy has consistently warned Americans not to travel to Russia and to depart the country immediately if there.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back