Caribou Gear Tarp

Ukraine / Russia

Seems no matter how it plays out it the middle class consumer that pays for whatever adjustment that is made. Regardless the intent.
Tell me about all that cost savings you encountered when agent orange cut corporate tax rates by 14%...

When you research that follow it up with profit margins that corporations enjoyed from their windfall.

They didn't pass those profits to the consumer, their employees, and in many cases not even share holders.

WAFJ.

Like you said, there isn't some corporate fairy that pays these tax increases. Everything you mentioned negatively affects the consumer. People who think that raising corporate taxes helps the lower/middle class are delusional.

Not saying that there should be zero corp tax. But increasing it hurts the people they claim to or think they are helping.
You're wrong and your comment here explains the lack of thought process and research you've put into this.

If cutting the shit out of corporate taxes was such a good idea under trumphf, explain how that was a benefit to the middle class.

Prices for goods hasn't declined, I saw no massive bump in middle class wages, etc.

What I did see is record profits, increased CEO salaries, and corporate windfall.

Finally if your contention is that decreasing corporate taxes is such a great idea, then why not cut them to zero?

Sounds like you believe we'd be in high cotton if the poor corporations didn't have to pay for Jack chit.

You've been brain washed by corporate America.

Educate yourself....

Back to Russia, this would also apply to the "Anyone buying yet" thread. there are report that both Nord Stream 1 &2 have been damaged and gas is bubbling up to the surface of the Baltic near a Danish island. If true is this a Black Swan event?

Back to Russia, this would also apply to the "Anyone buying yet" thread. there are report that both Nord Stream 1 &2 have been damaged and gas is bubbling up to the surface of the Baltic near a Danish island. If true is this a Black Swan event?
Nat Gas contract down over a 1% this AM. I would question the accuracy of that news item.

Like you said, there isn't some corporate fairy that pays these tax increases. Everything you mentioned negatively affects the consumer. People who think that raising corporate taxes helps the lower/middle class are delusional.

Not saying that there should be zero corp tax. But increasing it hurts the people they claim to or think they are helping.
Kinda depends, a tax rate increase that then goes to infrastructure can raise all boats of as well. The only real winners are the parts of society not actually involved in the economy - no job, no savings, no retirement fund and no near term plans to have any of those. And if that number remains low enough then it is the right thing to do via a safety net. But there is a tipping point where too few produce and too many on the couch and an economy becomes unsustainable.

Correction: appears true, I guess prices aren’t reacting because the pipeline wasn’t supplying Europe. ?

Not to worry gents, those 87K new tax snoops are ready to shoot those evil corp lawyers...right after grilling mom and pop.

Last edited:
You're wrong and your comment here explains the lack of thought process and research you've put into this.

If cutting the shit out of corporate taxes was such a good idea under trumphf, explain how that was a benefit to the middle class.

Prices for goods hasn't declined, I saw no massive bump in middle class wages, etc.

What I did see is record profits, increased CEO salaries, and corporate windfall.

Finally if your contention is that decreasing corporate taxes is such a great idea, then why not cut them to zero?

Sounds like you believe we'd be in high cotton if the poor corporations didn't have to pay for Jack chit.

You've been brain washed by corporate America.

Educate yourself....

Where did I say one word about cutting corporate taxes? I said raising them hurts consumers. The same folks you think it helps.

You probably think raising the minimum wage helps the poor and middle class. Speaking of brain washed....

So replace consumer with middle class and that's who picks it up regardless where the cut is shit rolls down hill.
I’m always fascinated by the thinking on taxes. There seems to be an argument that we shouldn’t increase corporate taxes because the cost will be passed on to consumers (middle class). But the reduction in revenue, and subsequent debt, will have to be paid as well. And I agree, it will be paid for by the middle class. Corporations like to argue “Cut our taxes and we will create jobs”. What they leave out is “…and the government can tax the hell out of the employees because we don’t care”.

I’m always fascinated by the thinking on taxes. There seems to be an argument that we shouldn’t increase corporate taxes because the cost will be passed on to consumers (middle class). But the reduction in revenue, and subsequent debt, will have to be paid as well. And I agree, it will be paid for by the middle class. Corporations like to argue “Cut our taxes and we will create jobs”. What they leave out is “…and the government can tax the hell out of the employees because we don’t care”.
If you agree that it will be paid for by the middle class, how do you argue that it helps the middle class?

A corporation is not a person with feelings that cares. It is a business model that tries to be profitable and stay in business. Many of the same middle class that have jobs also have stock or 401K's that depend on these evil corporations. You hurt them, you hurt the middle class.

If you agree that it will be paid for by the middle class, how do you argue that it helps the middle class?

A corporation is not a person with feelings that cares. It is a business model that tries to be profitable and stay in business. Many of the same middle class that have jobs also have stock or 401K's that depend on these evil corporations. You hurt them, you hurt the middle class.
If you cut corporate taxes, the revenue has to be supplied from somewhere else. Over the last 40 yrs, that has come mostly from worker income taxes. I am not arguing that an increase in corporate taxes gets “paid for by the consumer”. That is nonsense. It does impact shareholders. It’s the same capital vs labor conflict that has existed for centuries. You can increase corporate taxes until the providers of capital (shareholders) no longer provide that capital because the return isn’t worth the risk. We are a LONG way from that level. US corporate taxes have been 40-50% historically and corporations didn’t disappear.

If you cut corporate taxes, the revenue has to be supplied from somewhere else. Over the last 40 yrs, that has come mostly from worker income taxes. I am not arguing that an increase in corporate taxes gets “paid for by the consumer”. That is nonsense. It does impact shareholders. It’s the same capital vs labor conflict that has existed for centuries. You can increase corporate taxes until the providers of capital (shareholders) no longer provide that capital because the return isn’t worth the risk. We are a LONG way from that level. US corporate taxes have been 40-50% historically and corporations didn’t disappear.

You can’t set corp tax rates with an internal perspective- it is a global question. You have to stay within reach of your competitors or the nation loses wealth/resources that hit everyone. As for whatever we did in the 50s and 60s, it is irrelevant as we were a defacto industrial/agricultural monopoly as a big slice of the world was still recovering from the war, another big part coming out of imperialistic control and another big part walled off by the Cold War. Corp taxes are a trade policy question more than a budget question in 2022.

Higher than that during WWII and they still made profits.

Corporate America has been stinging non stop about that ever since then. Let's just cut through the crap, they've been pushing toward zero corporate taxes since 1945.

They're winning and the uneducated are delirious in their support of allowing it to happen and handing it to them on bent knees.

Unbelievable.

You can’t set corp tax rates with an internal perspective- it is a global question. You have to stay within reach of your competitors or the nation loses wealth/resources that hit everyone. As for whatever we did in the 50s and 60s, it is irrelevant as we were a defacto industrial/agricultural monopoly as a big slice of the world was still recovering from the war, another big part coming out of imperialistic control and another big part walled off by the Cold War. Corp taxes are a trade policy question more than a budget question in 2022.
How did that competitive advantage work out for the employees at Harley in the article I linked?

Good thing we lowered that tax rate so Harley could pocket a boatload of cash, lay off 850 employees, and start that new plant in Thailand.

Winning, I guess.

How did that competitive advantage work out for the employees at Harley in the article I linked?

Good thing we lowered that tax rate so Harley could pocket a boatload of cash, lay off 850 employees, and start that new plant in Thailand.

Winning, I guess.
How did it work for the entire city of Flint in the 1970s?

If you cut corporate taxes
Who on this thread is arguing to cut corporate taxes? I haven't seen one person. Yet you and Buzz have referenced that multiple times.

I'm not in favor of cutting or raising corp taxes. Much like the minimum wage, it is more a political tool than an economic tool. Helps to divide "classes" and distract.

Who on this thread is arguing to cut corporate taxes? I haven't seen one person. Yet you and Buzz have referenced that multiple times.

I'm not in favor of cutting or raising corp taxes. Much like the minimum wage, it is more a political tool than an economic tool. Helps to divide "classes" and distract.
It is time you all look yourselves in the mirror and realize that you have actually caused LWC and I to agree on something ;). How could you have let it come to this ;)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back