Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ukraine / Russia

• Among the many reasons it is unlikely that President Biden would order covert action to attack the infrastructure running to a NATO ally, leaking natural gas is bad for the environment. Which government seems more likely to take an action and not care about the impact on climate change: the Biden administration or the Russian government run by Vladimir Putin?

Goebbels would be proud of that narrative building.

Well, probably not.

I think there is a storyline in Putin's head and one in the western news cycle, and they don't jive, and in terms of motives, it isn't at all clear that anyone knows what they are talking about.

I find that interesting.

I think there is a storyline in Putin's head and one in the western news cycle, and they don't jive, and in terms of motives, it isn't at all clear that anyone knows what they are talking about.

I find that interesting.
Not sure what to say regarding the narrative in the thread. He speaks a lot about the west but it was Russia that attacked Ukraine. I would hope the majority of Russians won’t buy the argument that they need to get drafted into the army and fight Ukraine because of British colonization or the dollar being the world’s reserve currency. That said, these days people believe all kinds of stuff.

I find that interesting.

It definitely should be reported on so people have the whole picture. Taking his supposed grievances seriously is another thing.

Not sure what to say regarding the narrative in the thread. He speaks a lot about the west but it was Russia that attacked Ukraine. I would hope the majority of Russians won’t buy the argument that they need to get drafted into the army and fight Ukraine because of British colonization or the dollar being the world’s reserve currency. That said, these days people believe all kinds of stuff.

I don't disagree, and to be clear I believe there is wrong and right and he is the former, but I think we would be remiss to not note that there are lots of Westerners who say and believe what he is saying. They lecture in universities, write books, etc. I want to say it is "interesting", but really it is unsettling.

I don't disagree, and to be clear I believe there is wrong and right and he is the former, but I think we would be remiss to not note that there are lots of Westerners who say and believe what he is saying. They lecture in universities, write books, etc. I want to say it is "interesting", but really it is unsettling.
I tell myself that there was a % of the US population against entering WWII, probably even after Pearl Harbor. It makes me feel better to think that those people have always existed and rational people will win the day eventually. That said, I don't want to walk around blinded by optimism.

On Putin's narrative, his supporting "facts" aren't all wrong. It's just a skewed way to put them all together and justify his own behavior. I think we should own up to the decisions we have made in our history, both the good and the bad. But there are a lot of people who disagree with that too...

I tell myself that there was a % of the US population against entering WWII
and I bet that % would be pretty startling...

On Putin's narrative, his supporting "facts" aren't all wrong. It's just a skewed way to put them all together and justify his own behavior. I think we should own up to the decisions we have made in our history, both the good and the bad. But there are a lot of people who disagree with that too...
Agreed, but while his "facts" might not be all wrong, and while the Tucker C's of the world might thing he's justified, seems like there are a lot of folks that need a history lesson.

"The CIA bla bla bla"

Well yeah, but the KGB was just as active if not more in third world politics and regime change. US policy at it's very worst (the swept under the rug stuff) was about on par with standard Russian/ USSR doctrine.

Seriously though was Tucker just was hammered through all of the 86 - 90s?

Rolling back of the iron curtain... the whole east/west Germany deal, people dying trying to defect aka leave Russia. China/Korea/ Afghanistan/ West Africa/Cuba/ Central America/ SE Asia... on and on and on...

Back