Ukraine / Russia

and I bet that % would be pretty startling...

Agreed, but while his "facts" might not be all wrong, and while the Tucker C's of the world might thing he's justified, seems like there are a lot of folks that need a history lesson.

"The CIA bla bla bla"

Well yeah, but the KGB was just as active if not more in third world politics and regime change. US policy at it's very worst (the swept under the rug stuff) was about on par with standard Russian/ USSR doctrine.
Ever read about Operation Condor?

Ever read about Operation Condor?

Yes.

And the US as a democracy eventually declassifies a lot of our mistakes/operations and they are known.

Glastnost was pretty limited and Russia still likes to pretend that it wasn't arming and supporting every guerilla group/regime possible for decades.

Further look at the actual tactics both sides used... weapons of war, etc.

I'm not trying to minimize US operations, I'm saying holy smokes look at what the Russians were doing... everywhere.

Last edited:
“U.S. intelligence agencies believe parts of the Ukrainian government authorized the car bomb attack near Moscow in August that killed Daria Dugina, daughter of a prominent Russian nationalist, an element of a covert campaign that U.S. officials fear could widen the conflict.”

Wow, I am so shocked.

Whether you believe him or not, the story Putin tells Russia (And perhaps himself) is very different than the one most folks in the West think he is telling. Interesting translation of a recent speech of his:

When he was full of pride, bravado and hubris a year ago his rants were about restoring the full colonial empires of Peter the Great and Stalinist Soviet Union - that Ukraine and others were rightfully his and he had to act before NATO challenged his grand ambitions.

Now with his paper tiger armies bloodied by a small neighbor he decides to be a champion of the little guy. You know, like Georgia, Chechnya, crimea and elsewhere ;)

When your only goal is power and your only truth is the big lie of the moment you try to tell many times in the hopes of being believed, this is standard operating procedure. Putin just needs to tap his heals together and keep repeating “there’s no place like home”.

Last edited:
I think there is a storyline in Putin's head and one in the western news cycle, and they don't jive, and in terms of motives, it isn't at all clear that anyone knows what they are talking about.

I find that interesting.
He spent years clearly laying out his intentions- that speech is just the present ramblings of a man who sees his delusions of grandeur evaporating before his eyes. Just as Hitler’s speeches of the 1930s were clear and consistent- and by 1944 they were rambling, incoherent and not at all indicative of his original intentions. Hell, in the end he openly wished for the demise of the German people for being too weak to realize his vision.

It ain't nothing but a heart breaker
(War) Friend only to The Undertaker, woo
Peace, love and understanding, tell me
Is there no place for them today?
They say we must fight to keep our freedom
But Lord knows there's got to be a better way, oh

Humans. We are our own worst enemy. Reality though, if you turn the other cheek, that cheek, too, will be in pain. So long as the history / parable of the apple exists, humanity always wants more...

Interesting Biden significant musings regarding Putin.

"For the first time since the Cuban Missile Crisis, we have a direct threat to the use of nuclear weapons, if in fact things continue down the path they've been going," President Biden declared. "I don't think there's any such thing as the ability to easily (use) a tactical nuclear weapon and not end up with Armageddon."
"I'm trying to figure out: what is Putin's off-ramp? Where does he find a way out?"
Biden continued. "Where does he find himself in a position that he does not only lose face, but lose significant power within Russia?"

Meanwhile, our Health and Human Services had to release this statement in response to Biden / Putin comments.

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services shelled out $290M on Amgen's (NASDAQ:AMGN) drug called Nplate, which is used to treat acute radiation sickness in the event of a nuclear emergency.

The HHS said it wasn't in "response to the situation in Ukraine," but was rather part of "ongoing work for radiological security," and adds to its stockpile of Leukine which has been in place since 2013.

guerilla warfare in work. We dealt with this for 20 years in Afghanistan. Whole thing is ugly, if I had to guess at some point russia is gonna be sick of what they are dealing with and just start dropping nukes.

I think the only reason they havent yet is cause the fallout will end up in Russia.

Agree. Post WWII we still operated like a family budget with rev-expenses>0. Then we discovered that we could have all the benefits of government without paying for them. Yippee!
Pharma companies moving to Ireland for the tax break is a great example of your international competitive example. The world has gotten smaller.
Here’s a fix for that. If you wanna sell in our market, you pay our taxes. We shouldn’t allow these companies to use offshore tax havens to avoid taxes and still sell their products in our market.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back