Caribou Gear

Ukraine / Russia

Elon Musk being a jackass again, but at least we know what side he is on.

Why should he have to fund Ukraine’s internet? United States government is spending billions over there every week at least they can do with kick some back to American company.
Especially after he was told to f**k off by Ukrainian official. Seems like the baby is getting a little spoiled.

Last edited:
I don't blame Musk at all for not wanting to forever fund this, when we are pouring money into the area (he paid what, 11 million in taxes last year?).

On a rather odd note, my daughter was at Charles de Gaulle in Paris yesterday. Headed to Serbia. Was initially refused service at a restaurant because she was headed to "Eastern Europe". Had the same experience at the gift shop (not duty-free). They have travelled all over Europe, Japan, the Phillipines, and Korea, and were never questioned as to their destination before eating a meal in an airport.

I thought,
  • Discrimination bad
  • We all loved Ukraine, and hence Eastern Europe
Very confusing.

Lots of Ukrainian soldiers posting their receipts for Starlink and their monthly bills. I'm sure Musk has donated a lot, but it seems plenty of Ukrainians are footing the bill at retail price.

Lots of Ukrainian soldiers posting their receipts for Starlink and their monthly bills. I'm sure Musk has donated a lot, but it seems plenty of Ukrainians are footing the bill at retail price.
He is the service provider, he decides the when, where, and rate. Not Ukraine and not ukraines sugar daddy, unfortunately that is us.
I don’t blame him one bit for wanting to capitalize on their need for his product.

He is the service provider, he decides the when, where, and rate. Not Ukraine and not ukraines sugar daddy, unfortunately that is us.
I don’t blame him one bit for wanting to capitalize on their need for his product.
All true. But it took 7 months to come to this conclusion? The cost of these is a rounding error to US aid. The real reason is he’s butt-hurt because they didn’t like his idea for a “solution”. And he may need cash for his Twitter purchase, which again arose from his inability to keep his Twitter mouth shut. Maybe he’s a genius, maybe he’s not, but it’s clear he has the emotional intelligence of a 6yr old.

Elon wants a negotiated peace instead of nuclear war, so he loves Putin. Nuclear war is not dangerous, like carbon emissions.

Get it?

He
Elon wants a negotiated peace instead of nuclear war, so he loves Putin. Nuclear war is not dangerous, like carbon emissions.

Get it?
He can't even negotiate a deal to buy twitter. How can he negotiate peace at this point? One way or another Putin has to go. It's already a mess and only going to get more messy.

No shit.

All true. But it took 7 months to come to this conclusion? The cost of these is a rounding error to US aid. The real reason is he’s butt-hurt because they didn’t like his idea for a “solution”. And he may need cash for his Twitter purchase, which again arose from his inability to keep his Twitter mouth shut. Maybe he’s a genius, maybe he’s not, but it’s clear he has the emotional intelligence of a 6yr old.
Maybe. I think he’s going to get enough US government money to cover deal for Twitter.
Sounds like a pretty smart play.
If he wanted to be a real dickhead he could’ve turned the sugar babies Internet off for a week. He would’ve been handed a blank check to turn it back on. And a written apology for the attitude he was given.

If he wanted to be a real dickhead he could’ve turned the sugar babies Internet off for a week. He would’ve been handed a blank check to turn it back on. And a written apology for the attitude he was given.
...and you would have defended it by saying "He is the service provider, he decides the when, where, and rate. Not Ukraine and not ukraines sugar daddy, unfortunately that is us."
Doesn't it get tiring to constantly have to defend dickheads?

...and you would have defended it by saying "He is the service provider, he decides the when, where, and rate. Not Ukraine and not ukraines sugar daddy, unfortunately that is us."
That imperious virtue thing has you a little surly today...careful now, you could easily get that same question reframed.

That imperious virtue thing has you a little surly today...careful now, you could easily get that same question reframed.
Then stop dancing around the subject and reframe. There are ideas, the quality of which we can debate. Then there are actions done for petulance and spite. This is the latter. Almost everything Elon does is the latter.

No. Because Musk is right in this case. Doesn’t it get tiring constantly having to defend Ukraine when they’re acting like a spoiled eight year old demanding money, assistance, and internet.
Or defending what is turning into biweekly billion dollar donations to Ukraine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back