Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Ukraine / Russia

Interesting @neffa3 Where illegal entry into our country is not permissible - It's not permissible to create obstructions / barriers...

Where legal entry is permitted, we welcome BEYOND open arms.

Back to our regular programming. ;)

Last edited:
I'm going to entertain this for one post and one post only, because I have been dealing with this mindset for the entirety of my ministry.

America is not and never was a Christian nation. There were men involved in the founding of this nation who were almost certainly genuine believers but the vast majority were either a) following the vain tradition and dead religion of their fathers, b) closet deists with Christian language, or c) full-on deists. Largely due to influence from people like David Barton, contemporary Christians have attempted to rewrite the history of this nation. Puritan replacement theology paved the way for the unregenerate men to follow as whitewashed sepulchers claiming they were reclaiming the promised land for the true Israel and the bad theology has continued to spiral. God sets up and takes down nations of His own accord. America's rise to prominence is not because it has been a more righteous nation than others, God has seen fit over the course of history to allow plenty of pagan nations to be major regional or world powers.

Regarding morality in this nation, one must remember several things. First, America is not dealing with the first crisis of morality in its history. The chattel slave trade that underpinned the economy of the south in the fledgling nation was an abomination and the resulting atrocities have been ignored or downplayed be Christians for far too long. Second, goats act like goats and sheep shouldn't be surprised by that. The rise in abortion and other cultural streams that run counter to Scripture is solely on the shoulders of weak Christians who have not taken ownership of their responsibility as an ambassador for the Lord. Instead of being as wise as serpents and harmless as doves they have often been the opposite.

Finally, the terrible hermeneutics used to attempt to justify the rhetoric employed by last-days-scare-tacticians serve no purpose but to give those outside looking in good cause for believing Christians are off their rockers. The OT prophets, Mt. 24, 1 Tim. 4, and the book of Revelation (without the s) have real value for believers today. God has a plan for the future and He will accomplish it in His timing. You don't have to make the news headlines fit into Scripture. One of the final things that Jesus told the disciples before ascending to heaven was "its not for you to know" when He's returning, so stop thinking you have it figured out.

The idol of many believers today is political influence and power. Its easy to see because they can't conceive of how difficult or impossible ministry will be if America doesn't tolerate their faith. And yet they forget that the environment that Christianity was born into and spread like wildfire involved religious and political persecution for hundreds of years. That doesn't mean that I have forgotten Paul's command to pray for those in authority that we might live quiet and peaceable lives, but I also remember Hebrews 13:14; that here we have no continuing city but seek one to come. I'm looking for the blessed hope, not hand-wringing about the headlines.

Sorry @Big Fin for contributing to thread creep, but this is a personal sticking point of mine. It will truly be my last post on the subject.
I thought I'd let a little bit O time pass before I responded to this. Yes you are correct in your statements that not everyone in America was a Christian. Also if you asked them their religious beliefs what could they possibly state? Most certainly not Buddhist or Muslim. That is how we got the Marine core by the threat of Muslims in Tripoli.
No a Nation is not Christian. Your correct but the people most certainly were at that time.
Our Constitution was it not founded upon Biblical principles? Most schools were held in Christian Churches up until the 40's and a lot of children were taught to read from the Bible. As far as God not protecting nations my only comment would be to read the book of Jeremiah.

Our Constitution was it not founded upon Biblical principles? Most schools were held in Christian Churches up until the 40's and a lot of children were taught to read from the Bible. As far as God not protecting nations my only comment would be to read the book of Jeremiah.

Our constitution was driven by the Enlightenment which found more basis in the thoughts of the ancient Greeks (pagans) than of the old world Christianity. Democracy was absolutely not a Christian ideal at the time, look at the first 1600 years of the Christian church for all you need to know about that. There is no reference to democratic governance in the bible.

While social norms required an external Christian appearance, many of our founding fathers, including the principal drafters of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were more likely deists, and even some agnostic, in their private lives.

I would like to see a cite for the concept that most schools before 1940's were church-run (or even housed in churches)

Kids were taught from what was available and since the bible was the most published book, wouldn't be surprised if many learned literacy from that text - but other than proof of its common presence, does not at all support a belief that the US is a "Christian nation".

No doubt, the US has historically been a nation with a large majority of people self-identified as Christians. But many many (including prominent leaders) have not been deeply Christian and are/were rather more "cultural Christians" with deism being a better characterization of their belief system.

But most importantly our most essential founders created this nation and its Constitution on a foundation of humility as it related to faith. Where freedom to believe how and if you wished was embedded in the 1st Amendment. The founders were men of the Enlightenment, natural law, and of the Greek philosophers, they were not seeking to create a nation based on a single religious doctrine. Some will say natural law arises from Christianity, but that is not very accurate - it invokes a non-denominational god/power as a source of this natural law, but it is in no way tied to the particular faith system of 18th-century protestant religious teachings.

Much like the "Lost Cause" of the confederacy lore, the US as a uniquely Christian nation doctrine came out of the social concerns and need to combat communism in the 1920s-1950s. It was one of the many re-writing of history moments we have gone through over two and a half centuries.

Last edited:
Saw that ckickbait too. It showed near Poland, so what's the difference if it's 1 mile from Poland border or 200? Still inside.
It matters because (1) there are all kinds of cases where accidents escalate risk of war; (2) it shows their interest in shutting off supplies from west and exit routes of evacuees which may further pressure the west into direct action.

It matters because (1) there are all kinds of cases where accidents escalate risk of war; (2) it shows their interest in shutting off supplies from west and exit routes of evacuees which may further pressure the west into direct action.
Yah I get that I'm just saying how far is kyiv from Poland border its all near a nato country in the grand scheme. I was just pointing out most headlines making it seem like they nuked the capitol of poland.

Considering the takeover of Kyiv, which was supposed to be easy, is floundering around about 14 days behind schedule, I doubt Russia would intentionally provoke NATO/ The United States by intentionally bombing Poland.

Putin is narcissist, an asshole and a bully, but not a moron.

Something like this kind of accident India/Pakistan?
Of one of the most contentious bordering enemies, if an errant "accident" avoided those two countries from breaching M.A.D., THAT's impressive! I bet both countries had keys prepped for destruction!

I see a provocateur within an upcoming James Bond movie within that setting.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back