Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

U.S. says it will cut costs for clean energy projects on public lands

"Not in my backyard" will be the silent commentary from our "conservation", public land solar/wind turbine preaching, electric vehicle HT vocal winners as they protest mining in Montana. 🤣

"The glaring irony there in all this is, we all love our green technologies and we want to reduce pollution and carbon footprints, etc.,” said Jeff Williams, CEO of U.S. Critical Materials. “But the materials required to make that happen have to come out of the ground."

Rather, out of sight, out of mind works... Child labor in foreign countries feels better when pressing the green energy pedal to the metal.
The only thing possibly worse than mining, is a Utah company doing the mining, Charles!

Question ..... How do they control weed and brush growth in those massive solar fields so stuff doesn't grow up and shade the panels?

If chemicals are the answer, this is about as "un green" as it gets. Creating a chemical hotspot in the name of clean energy.

Question ..... How do they control weed and brush growth in those massive solar fields so stuff doesn't grow up and shade the panels?

If chemicals are the answer, this is about as "un green" as it gets. Creating a chemical hotspot in the name of clean energy.
First one I found in a 30 second search. Attack.

Sheep.

1679183532025.jpeg

Company I work for partners with the local land grant university’s ruminant program and allows sheep to graze on our 25 acre solar farm. For the record, though, I’m not a big fan of solar farms.

Sheep.

View attachment 269021

Company I work for partners with the local land grant university’s ruminant program and allows sheep to graze on our 25 acre solar farm. For the record, though, I’m not a big fan of solar farms.
We have the Britton Solar project in Moriarty, NM. 520ac of solar panels as part of the Facebook agreement with PNM electric to offset power usage through renewable generation investment.
I’ve heard from ornery locals that the solar layout is a waste of space where it could have been used for farming or grazing. The reality here is that farming requires intense irrigation which was not present on that parcel. And grazing is like 10 cattle per section here. This project brought bonds to the City, bonds to the County along with direct payments (in lieu of property tax) to both. All of this came out of corporate interest with little regard to environmental impact. Solar prints money for everybody where the sun shines!

The same voters should show up when it does count.
More work for me, but I don’t want one of those things in my backyard.
During the day I could almost deal with it, but the sea of red lights floating in the night sky is a $*)Q!#@$ sin.
Kinda makes it hard to lay out in the backyard and enjoy the stars.
How about you just don’t fly planes below 200ft at night 🤷‍♂️

Energy independence vs China owned minerals and state owned majority stock in largest mineral extraction companies, worldwide... Meanwhile we laugh over California's inept electrical supply while pandering the Green initiatives.
Yet those who laugh at California now are those who wonder why China is the #1world power and U.S. must kiss China's ass for their minerals.

There were plans to develop 600 acres of private land in central Iowa for a solar field and farm bureau through a shit coniption because it would take that land out of ag production.

In one conversation they are for private property rights, but when someone exercises their rights to develop their private land for something they don’t like big ag flexes its muscles and shuts it down.
Here in eastern Iowa, Next Era is utilizing an existing grid system from a decommissioned nuke plant and is building a solar field utilizing high CSR farm ground!! They scammed the land owners to lease their grounds for minimum $900/year on a 25 year lease. This project is located in our Green Belt river area.1000's of acres are affected and they have plans for many more! Our county officials who ok'd this project have been pressured to revise the requirements of land use of these "green" projects but the damage has been done with this project. I live in this area and all we hear now is trackhoes, heavy equipment, post driving, and dump trucks hauling on our small gravel roads. All this to save the world!! BS! Its designed to line the pockets of our gov. officials using our tax money!! grrrrr

I’d think they’d have to come along and remove the top soil after a solar farm and replace it with new. I believe they have to keep the ground sterilized so vegetation doesn’t grow. I could be wrong
They remove the topsoil first b4 the major part of the project proceeds. We have large mounds of topsoil piled next to the fields they are utilizing for panels. Good luck on reclaiming that in 25years, Mom nature will have it removed b4 then.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back