PEAX Equipment

TX droubt over picture.

Tom

Its officially over for the whole state, I heard. Lots of rain around here to do it too.

Attachments

• snorkel1.jpg
    snorkel1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 172
Whitetails sucking bait corn out of a mud puddle. THat has to be the funniest pic I have ever seen.

Poor deer is gonna starve to death . . . all his corn is under water!!! :D Gotta love the inconspicuous blind too. ;)

I thought the windows may be camo to blend in with their surroundings. ;)

If it's not a blind, what is it? It has a friggin ladder and it's set up over a corn flinger.

Is it CJ's border patrol watchtower?

Hope you guys are entertained, but it might be strange for you too I guess.

I think its another feeder, the ladder is to go up when you put feed in the top. Either different kinds of feed or a back up, is what I thought, so if one fails there's still something put out?

They're calling those deer, the snorklers, that's what I heard. They used to hunt them with snorkler deer pointer dogs in the old days. The dogs were so good though, they all drowned and are extinct now. haha Not the deer though, eh, right there in that picture, there they are, the snorklers!

now that corn will get wet and ferment, and the deer will get drunk and the guys can just hit them over the head when the deer get caught in the fence

Why don't you guys back in a horse trailer, put some corn in the back and wait for them to walk in while hidding behind the door and then close it. Might be a little more challenging. In this case you could use a boat and a paddlefish pole.

I guess we could come up there and take a walk with you guys and shoot some who never saw a hunter before and just stand around or lay around and get shot in their beds or when they stand up to eat. You guys watch to much tv, it doesn't work that way, unless you're just willing to shoot any deer and its a well manage place. Normal places or hunting the big one just don't work the way you think. Its not like following the tracks in the snow and shooting them where they sleep, you can't do that here. Its more of a hunt here that a nice walk in the hills, ok?

Its more of a hunt here that a nice walk in the hills, ok?

you can't possibly be writing this shit with a straight face...

I guess climbing 1000' before dawn to get to a suitable vantage point is a cake walk compared to bubba climbing the 8 steps to sit in a blind that is bigger than my first apartment.

What's funny is that in your head right now your thinking "that norwegian doesn't even KNOW how heavy a 100 lb. bag of corn is to dump in the top of that feeder!"

Well, I do know...its just as heavy as two 50 lb bags of corn.

Now you're starting to think about it. Just drive up there dump it in, in a few years, you might see something good, if you hunt around there enough or if you manage well enough. Almost like takeing a horsey ride and playing cowboy for a week or two a year. Which hunter does the deer more good there?

Tom, in the spirit of Texas I am going to do my best to support wildlife and start sending bales of alfalfa to those poor musk ox in the arctic.

This has been one funny arse thread to read......I think I broke a rib!:)

I wasn't sure what I would be reading when I saw "TX droubt":confused:.......then it dawned on me he meant "drought::rolleyes:

I am going to build up to the Texas Bubba Hunt......hopefully after a few more years of easy strolls above 10,000 feet and I'll be ready :wank:
..........funny chit, man!!!!!
DS

I guess we could come up there and take a walk with you guys and shoot some who never saw a hunter before and just stand around or lay around and get shot in their beds or when they stand up to eat. You guys watch to much tv

Tom, You know out of everyone here I like you the best. But I have no Clue what you're trying to say ? I've even broke it down and can't figure it out ?!?!?

"I guess we could come up there and take a walk with you guys "

Up there ? Like to Montana ? or up to the Hunting blind in Texas ?

"and shoot some who never saw a hunter before and just stand around or lay around and get shot in their beds"

Some ? Like deer ? And if you're talking about deer up "here" , even deer that never see people run when they finally see people. They don't just lay around in beds.... Or are you talknig about the Lazy Texas deer ?!?!

"You guys watch to much tv"

And you.... sniff to much glue :D :D But I love ya man !!!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back