Caribou Gear Tarp

TX droubt over picture.

I guess we could come up there and take a walk with you guys and shoot some who never saw a hunter before and just stand around or lay around and get shot in their beds or when they stand up to eat. You guys watch to much tv, it doesn't work that way, unless you're just willing to shoot any deer and its a well manage place. Normal places or hunting the big one just don't work the way you think. Its not like following the tracks in the snow and shooting them where they sleep, you can't do that here. Its more of a hunt here that a nice walk in the hills, ok?

Tom I have to call bull shit on this one. You would have to get away from the roads to find the deer in their beds
it doesn't work that way, unless you're just willing to shoot any deer
(For any good bucks). And then if you did get off the road you would have to Glass for them. they just dont come out and say here I am. Then after you do that you have to get to them, but maybe you could just put some oats down and they will come to you.
And I think that is what you all do down there
or when they stand up to eat
That is why you hunt over feeders right????

Its not like you imagine, I don't think, but who knows what imagination you guys have. I'm not sniffing glue or anything like that. Imagine a feeder every half mile or so, how often do you think deer go to each one, how often does the big guy show up? I know a guy in south Texas who saw a big deer scouting and set up there and hunted there 18 days before the buck showed up again. He got him, but he just didn't stand there and eat every day there did he?

I know people that see tracks every day by there feeder and never see a deer at it, its a high pressure economical area, not a high dollar limited access private place.

Deer run, eh, moosie, geeze, you learn something here every day, I'll say that. Here they snorkel too. Slayer, yes, I meant dry conditions, that kind of drouwt, however you spell it.

You guys probably think we eat breakfast with the deer here, eh? Ever heard of that?

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=67160&fr=yvmtf

dam Tom, you are giving away all of our secrets with that video.:rolleyes:

Imagine a feeder every half mile or so
...I'd rather not, a pizza parlor maybe...

hunted there 18 days before the buck showed up again
...that's A LOT of hours spent in that lazy boy staring down that sendaro!

I know people that see tracks every day by there feeder
atv? trucks? or??? ...they were probably just driving in to restock the kitchen!

You guys probably think we eat breakfast with the deer here, eh?
...nope, not necessarily "with", just "within" range of....

And Tom, like some, I'm not just fuggin with you because you live in Texas- I kind of think the whole baiting deer thing is a bit twisted anywhere it may be taking place.

Well, being here, I see the positive side of baiting too.

The deer tracks are by the feeder under the feeder all around the feeder, but the deer come at night when its high pressure or after the first few days of season. Season here is like all of Oct. for archery and all of Nov. and Dec. for general weapon. The deer get savvy, especially any with any age to them.

I think the spincast type bait is a lot better than those massive feedings of elk where they all gather together, like at the elk refuges that I've seen pictures of. a 12 volt spin cast will really spread it out, but a 6 volt one spreads it more than the elk refuge type pictures or a bail of hay like put out for cows and horses and elk and such.

Like if you put alfalfa out for the muskox, it would be better to spread it around. I wonder if they would eat it, it might be to foreign to them.

someone,,,,anyone,,,,,,,,,, PLEASE put a Texas style high fence around Tom's keyboard

Back