Tucson RMEF banquet.

azelkhntr

The Tucson RMEF Chapter Banquet has been cancelled due to social distancing restrictions. This chapter raised the most money out of all last year. Dang shame. First year I volunteered to help setup and pack up too. Big ripple effect. We raised over $1 million last year for RMEF. 😡

Yep the Turkey banquet , Goulds chapter in Sierra Vista got cancelled too. I talked to the guy the other day and He said all the pressure came from Headquarters back East to shut it down even tho it was in a small Town. Miss the Banquets............................BOB!

Will do.
Was disappointed to see that all the Arizona Elk Society events had been cancelled also. This was our first full year of retirement and we were looking forward to attending one or two of them.
Hopefully next year.

Due to the cancellation of all or most of their fundraising banquets, The Arizona Elk Society has been holding several raffles every week to help offset the losses. I’ve received at least three or four opportunities a week at raffles for guns, optics, and other hunting gear after signing up.

Better sign up, the raffles go pretty quickly, they shoot you a text and an email when they begin.

Most of the raffles are a measly $10, a cheap chance at winning something, and a great way to support AES Conservation.

Almost all of the Conservation Agencies have been holding raffles to drum up money for their losses due to COVID.

Remember though, at the banquets they always make sure to get you good and liquored-up before the raffle sales begin......better not risk being sober, you never know when you’ll get the text!

We had to cancel our RMEF banquet, as well. I moved all of our merchandise out of my house last night to be used elsewhere. Though we don’t raise nearly as much money as Tucson, it all adds up. Hopefully next year we’ll all set records!

I’m in for 4-5 of those text raffles. They’re like candy. A custom made pair of Kennetreks for a $10 ticket? I’m in. Just shows what a straight up org RMEF is. All these raffles are capped at the product cost plus a smidge to cover the text and other charges. Whoever thought of this should be getting a big BRAVO! 👏

Last edited:
I’m a huge sucker for raffles. I don’t enjoy Vegas style gambling a lot, but when I feel like my money is going to a good cause and I have a chance to win something cool, I’ll buy every time.

RMEF Elk Camp National Convention planned for Park City has been cancelled, but MTN Festival and Total Archery Challenge is still happening although it’s been moved from Park City to Snowbasin in Huntsville. July 23-26

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back