Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Yukon Dream fulfilled, in pictures.

I too missed it until this morning. Just waiting to go to Church and decided to see what it was about. Awesome hunt. Congrats to both you and Marcus.

Congratulations Randy ! Happy for you guys to get to experience that hunt . Were you able to get all the broken pieces of antler and have them reattached?
Nope, never found any of them, but can't say I looked very hard given how far he rolled and the terrain he tumbled down. Lost a couple inches off the end of the main beam and four other points as the bull cartwheeled down the mountain. Never expected that to happen to a caribou, a species known for less hardy antlers than other species.

Many of you saw this series on Fresh Tracks+. Thanks for subscribing.

The first episode went live on YouTube this Wednesday while I was out in the hills.

Congrats to you all, that stalk was absolutely amazing! Marcus and his guide are a couple beasts!😀

Last edited:
I just watched the first two. Some fine Friday night viewing right there… hats off to you guys driving 3.5 days. Wow! That’s a haul…. But man, the scenery alone looks worth it. I hope I make the Yukon one day!

Randy,
First congrats on an epic adventure with two of your cherished hunting partners! The great north is truly breath taking and for you to share it with Marcus and Michael had to be a honor for you. I’ve been to northern BC twice and hunted the Stone Mountain area I wish all Hunt talkers could pare take in adventure like you’ve done. You are correct on the prices continually going up. Congrats!!i Hope to see you again at the Sheep Show!

Randy, wondering what brand of cheek pad did you add to your Superlite?
I’ve tried a couple. Some are a pain to get on/off or to adjust for a different person. I didn’t even know Mystery Ranch made one until Tim told me.

I switched to that. It’s easy to get on/off and has way more shims than the others I’ve tried, allowing you to get the perfect height you need.

It also comes in left/right hand versions.

I’ve tried a couple. Some are a pain to get on/off or to adjust for a different person. I didn’t even know Mystery Ranch made one until Tim told me.

I switched to that. It’s easy to get on/off and has way more shims than the others I’ve tried, allowing you to get the perfect height you need.

It also comes in left/right hand versions.

Randy,
thanks!

Very cool and congratulations! I drove to and from Alaska with 4 friends when I was 19 on a month long road trip. The Yukon was my favorite section and I have been wanting to return ever since. I wasn’t a hunter then but the idea now of going back there to hunt is very appealing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back