MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Trump JR woos Sportsmen, covets Interior Secretary job

I work on several hundred Fracked Lateral wells per year, someyears we have done over 1500. The old ways you speak of as an example would be so much better applying today's technology. But we had to get there first! We are now looking at taking one well site and drilling multiple wells down and within 300 feet turning it 90 degrees for another 9000' (Lateral). This is where our the fracking occurs, as we continue the safety and production will increase. There really is so much BS out there about Fracking it is unreal, Gasland, ect. But I really feel like we are doing our country a big service by supplying the Oil and Gas we need right here, not from the Middle East. The water is recycled and alot of the footprints are going away the way we are doing it now. John

I do support self sufficiency and cleaning up as you go would be great.
Pit rules,filtering and new technology in production should work but are not part of the plans I see.
I see the ability to be clean and productive left for company profit .
Out of state/temporary workers and a mess left for US to pay for.
Kinda like welfare.

Well Hank, There are just so many folks that will work these jobs. Be they local or out of state they have to be manned regardless. Welfare is not even a valid statement, these guys put their life and money on the line every time they spud a well. John

If those on both sides of this issue where honest, things would be much better.

It annoys me to no end when I attend mule deer, sage grouse, migration, etc. meetings and have to listen to some 20 something year old testify that oil and gas have no impact on wildlife, habitat, migration corridors, etc.

It also annoys me when the same 20 something year old on the other side of the issue has their hair on fire over development they've never even seen in the first hand and likely only read about.

However, for someone to claim that planting some grass along side roads needed for oil and gas development, is somehow enough mitigation for the impacts of the development is just ridiculous. Equally as ridiculous is saying that 1/2 mile spacing is "good enough" in every case.

There are areas, in particular migration corridors, where 1/2 mile spacing isn't enough. An example would be a pinch point/bottleneck on a migration corridor that is only a few miles wide. I think NSO in those areas is absolutely needed and fully warranted. There are critical areas for raptors, sage grouse, etc. that 1/2 mile spacing isn't going to cut it either, again NSO is probably not only warranted, but necessary.

There has to be a balance, and sincere thought given to how development of all kinds is impacting wildlife, and how we can go about mitigating those impacts. If the impacts cant be mitigated, vetted, and the necessary work funded, then I will oppose the project. IMO, if collaboration happens, and we accept a give-and-take approach, it doesn't have to be all or nothing. That takes a lot of open minds and a lot of work, many don't have the stomach for it.

Well said Buzz,my sentiments exactly!
I'm also a woodworker who believes in sustainable harvest use,not rape and pillage OR shut it off till it dies of fire,bugs and old age...excuse me,I mean post mature.

There has to be a balance, and sincere thought given to how development of all kinds is impacting wildlife, and how we can go about mitigating those impacts. If the impacts cant be mitigated, vetted, and the necessary work funded, then I will oppose the project. IMO, if collaboration happens, and we accept a give-and-take approach, it doesn't have to be all or nothing. That takes a lot of open minds and a lot of work, many don't have the stomach for it.

Could not agree more.

Well that got of topic faster than usual. Up until 2 weeks ago I worked in the oil extraction industry. I'm not some anti-oil guy. I'm pro oil and pro jobs, because frankly i'm still looking for one.

To say that fracking is in anyway neutral to the environment is ridiculous. You cant pump a blend of chemicals into the earth at high pressure and not cause negative impacts, regardless of how much seed you put down on the access road to the site.

Rather than stick you head in the sand or propagate lies strictly because political lobbyists deem it so, just accept that fracking has negative effects, ones that we are apparently willing to live with in the name of cheap gas and jobs. That's understandable, especially with the increased mitigation and regulation of the industry. I'd like to think that if the industry developed a cost effective method to extract oil that wouldn't have the negative effects, they would adopt it.

Last edited:
Well that got of topic faster than usual. Up until 2 weeks ago I worked in the oil extraction industry. I'm not some anti-oil guy. I'm pro oil and pro jobs, because frankly i'm still looking for one.

To say that fracking is in anyway neutral to the environment is ridiculous. You cant pump a blend of chemicals into the earth at high pressure and not cause negative impacts, regardless of how much seed you put down on the access road to the site.

Rather than stick you head in the sand or propagate lies strictly because political lobbyists deem it so, just accept that fracking has negative effects, ones that we are apparently willing to live with in the name of cheap gas and jobs. That's understandable, especially with the increased mitigation and regulation of the industry. I'd like to think that if the industry developed a cost effective method to extract oil that wouldn't have the negative effects, they would adopt it.

+1

If people think that party politicians are the model for productive discussion, we are all in trouble.

Both parties spend beaucoup treasure to keep the ideological cold war fever pitched. Keeps us commoners' eyes on the coin. The smart money buys both flavors to do their bidding.

Back