Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Truck Organization

I am a naturally disorganized person, and I am in a constant battle to prevent the back seat of my truck from turning into a bottomless pit of despair, which it always does.

What do you more organized people do for storing gear and smaller odds and ends in your vehicle? I’ll get a topper eventually, but in the meantime I’d rather not spend $10,000 plus on a topper, decked drawers, roof top tent, etc. Right now I’m looking at the Mud River backseat organizer, but anything would be better than the current mess.

View attachment 184062
I have the same one, it works well and is a lot sturdier than I expected. Since my older daughter car seat has flipped forward she claimed two of the upper pockets in front of her car seat.

I am a naturally disorganized person, and I am in a constant battle to prevent the back seat of my truck from turning into a bottomless pit of despair, which it always does.

What do you more organized people do for storing gear and smaller odds and ends in your vehicle? I’ll get a topper eventually, but in the meantime I’d rather not spend $10,000 plus on a topper, decked drawers, roof top tent, etc. Right now I’m looking at the Mud River backseat organizer, but anything would be better than the current mess.

View attachment 184062
My buddy has that backseat organizer and really seems to like it. Want one myself

My local ARE dealer is quoting me a little north of $3,000 with no add on except windoors on all 3 sides.
I have thought many times about those back seat organizers and bounce between maybe getting one or getting seat covers with MOLLE webbing on the back and sides. Then you can configure pocket size and placement how you like

Keep your eyes out for a used one. I bought a leer that matched my year and color for$1600 same ne new was around $2800

Last edited:
My biggest problem with keeping the backseat clean is my damn kids.
Man I hear that. I was cleaning out my wife’s Tahoe before we sold it and in doing so I thought I would strip the kids car seats down and wash the covers. I found this pile of goodies when I removed the cover from my sons seat. The choc lab had it cleaned up in no time...lol.

Attachments

• 045E5EC2-7954-4F26-B325-04597E08BA43.jpeg
    045E5EC2-7954-4F26-B325-04597E08BA43.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
Really like the look of the mud river organizer. Anybody know if it would fit on the back seat of a ram with the backseat flipped up and the fold out floor down?

I generally put the essentials in one tote that lives in the bed of the truck. The little things dont live in the truck, but if they did then that mud river organizer looks like it'd be the ticket.

An AWD/4X4 van (or minivan) with dual sliding doors would be a very good bird hunting rig IMO!

In the next couple years I'm gonna need a new truck. Kinda trying to talk the wife into a Soholt-ish, overlander type full size van. Thinking it would cover much the same needs as a pickup with a topper, which is at the top of the list.

For back seat organization, totes and gym bags, both in various sizes work great. I have one tote I've had in use since I started graduate school in 2001.

Back