PEAX Equipment

Truck Organization

MTLabrador

I am a naturally disorganized person, and I am in a constant battle to prevent the back seat of my truck from turning into a bottomless pit of despair, which it always does.

What do you more organized people do for storing gear and smaller odds and ends in your vehicle? I’ll get a topper eventually, but in the meantime I’d rather not spend $10,000 plus on a topper, decked drawers, roof top tent, etc. Right now I’m looking at the Mud River backseat organizer, but anything would be better than the current mess.

6CED4D94-2DC5-40CA-856D-94C6686B0305.jpeg

FYI, I just ordered a topper with flip up windows and screened windows. $2400. No idea on decked drawers, tents, etc, but thought that number might be of interest.

My problem with keeping it organized is twin 13 year old boys.

FYI, I just ordered a topper with flip up windows and screened windows. $2400. No idea on decked drawers, tents, etc, but thought that number might be of interest.

My problem with keeping it organized is twin 13 year old boys.
That’s about what a local dealer is quoting me for one. I’ll get it eventually.

$10k?! I wouldn't do that either! Topper is pricey, I paid about ~$2400 also. You could go tonneau cover and build your own drawer system. It is fairly simple if you are somewhat handy and definitely keeps things tight. Other than that, just clearly labeled boxes and do everything the same every time (which is very hard IMO). Also, doing a serious edit of what you actually need seems to go a long way. My issue with the seatback organizer is that I would instantly forget what I put in there and then I'd end up bringing double. Looks pretty nice tho.

I work out of my truck and have gone back and forth being very organized to a bit of chaos. For the cab I like small, snap top stackable bins for items not regularly used. I also have a seat cover similar to to the one above, works well. I recommend something for trash although I usually use the passenger floor board. For hunt trips I use totes in the truck bed

I got an ARE with a few upgrades for $1800. $10K seems steep.

I spent some time thinking about this last fall and i ended up going with a roll up soft tonneau ($350) and just using various totes, boxes and bags for storage and organization in the daddyiator.
I like the functionality of the fully open bed and I try not to store any gear I’m not using on a specific day in the car to avoid theft.

Organizer? We have dis-organizers in NM, called roads.
I use bins & buckets & tie/strap everything down.

Hey Bob,what fits under a back seat? You a jewler or sumpin?
A topper doesn't organize, I wouldn't own one myself. I use smaller snap top tubs under the back seats.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back