Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Trophy room build

Wow that is really something else! What would you call the pose on that bull elk pedestal mount? Have a bull at the taxidermist and am really having a hard time choosing a pose. Yours is uniquely impressive!
It's a sneak pose. I can't recall what company made the form though.

Thanks, I needed something to cover up the exposed foundation walls above the floor. It worked out good.
Curious if you heated this? Also curious if so why not build an insulated floor to cover the foundation? I presume the corrugated tin and keeping floor concrete keeps costs down but just wondered about climate control. Looks like you're in Wyoming so similar climate to us up here in MT.

Just curious because I've considered doing something similar with mine and would likely run duct through a framed and insulated floor but never really thought it through much.

I've enjoyed watching Josh Allen, but not quite as much as I've enjoyed watching Joe Burrow ;-).

Did you seal it with anything?

I don’t know if you misquoted me, it’s not my room nor do I have a good gauge of how it will age.

I work at a home improvement store and have helped set up several people for projects. It’s fairly popular. The few I’ve had show me pictures (including OP) looks super nice! I’ve seen people do an acid etch on it as well to get that weathered look. Away from the elements it might lose some shine but other than that should not oxidize or anything like that. If you acid etch make sure you do a good rinse with a garden hose or the like to get all that off.

Curious if you heated this? Also curious if so why not build an insulated floor to cover the foundation? I presume the corrugated tin and keeping floor concrete keeps costs down but just wondered about climate control. Looks like you're in Wyoming so similar climate to us up here in MT.

Just curious because I've considered doing something similar with mine and would likely run duct through a framed and insulated floor but never really thought it through much.

I've enjoyed watching Josh Allen, but not quite as much as I've enjoyed watching Joe Burrow ;-).
You nailed it, cost and wanted to keep the ceilings high. I heat it with a pellet stove that I didn't have installed before these pictures.

That is really nice but I have a strong suggestion. Ge a set of light weight curtains to block the sun. The sun destroys things given enough time, Lots of bright shadows coming off those mounts!

Your trophy room turned out great! Love the corrugated tin. Thanks for sharing.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back