Trophy Racks Like Boob Jobs

katqanna

Personally, I think breeding deer and elk for trophy racks is like a trophy wife with a boob job. Not only is it superficial and not real, more importantly it compromises the health of the recipient.

Indy Star just put out Buck Fever: Chapter 1, An investigation of captive deer hunting, breeding industry. short 6 minute video and article.

But the big money and the largest segment of the industry are in breeding and selling what are known as "shooter bucks," animals to be hunted on fenced preserves.

In the beginning, top dollars were paid for "breeder bucks," but deer farmers have since discovered does often carry the genetics that produce big racks. They, too, now command high prices.

Shooting a deer or elk on fenced preserves is not ethical, fair chase hunting, in my opinion, but then I am opinionated and mouthy that way. ;)

Sad that people desire only the trophy and not a full experience. Trophies are not meant to be bought, they're earned through hard work and commitment

With a crowd like us this thread was bound to go sideways much sooner rather than later.

With a crowd like us this thread was bound to go sideways much sooner rather than later.
Lets get it back on track by incorporating both...into a picture! :D
TiffanyCover.jpg

I didn't watch the video, but am following the issue here in Indiana as there is a law being debated whether or now to allow high fence hunting operations here in Indiana.

lol 1-Pointer. But, her boobs are within the realm of natural. What they are doing to these deer and elk...

IRL5060PtBuck.jpg

is more like this (maybe NSFW so I am not going to post pic)

I see nothing in these deer honestly no more than going onto a ranch and taking the prized red angus on the place in my book. I wouldn't care if they made a law totally shutting down (High fence) operations.

lol 1-Pointer. But, her boobs are within the realm of natural. What they are doing to these deer and elk...

IRL5060PtBuck.jpg

is more like this (maybe NSFW so I am not going to post pic)

Noharley, not sure that qualifies as tittilation, more like - wtf?
My dad subscribed to North American Whitetail magazine when I was a kiddo. I used to get into trouble "taking" his magazines. I was facinated with the 'super' deer that were found there. Many of the articles back then highlighted a superb buck and the story behind it, often from times gone past. Here's a couple that could be used to make the case that the one you posted is within the realm of natural...

The "Hole in the Horn" buck
hole.jpg

Missouri Monarch
naw_without_a_trace_b.jpg

No this might be pushing the limits to the realm of natural.
Jordan_Carver_Yoga.jpg

1 Pointer, I was born and raised for 6 years in 3 different state tours of the Air Force, then mostly in San Antonio, TX. They had the Lone Star Brewery, where the Buckhorn Saloon and the Buckhorn Hall of Horns collection were moved to. The previous owner had accepted racks in exchange for beer or whiskey at times. Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders used to frequent the original Buckhorn Saloon. Later the collection was sold and it became the Buckhorn Museum. Couldnt find a picture of what it was like when I was there.

The racks were everywhere on the walls. That was the first time I saw non typical racks, quite a number of them. I remember asking questions about those racks, what caused it, hearing stories about rutting difficulties as a result. I was also fascinated. When friends from out of state came in, we always gave them the several days tour of all the main spots downtown, so I toured the brewery frequently as a child. The antlers were always my highlight.

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back