Trashed

Doublecluck

Daughter and some friends and I went out to do a little long range shooting. Little state section west of Bozeman open to target shooting. Whoever thinks it’s a good idea to shoot tv’s hopefully don’t reproduce. As the population grew in the places I grew up, the places we shot on public land were closed. I moved here to escape people trashing “our” land. So we filled a truck bed in about 30 mins. Think We’re going to go out once a month and clean it up.

E8A392F1-941E-42AB-8A3C-2F812DE27843.jpeg

Attachments

• 94C4A417-8A9E-44BA-AD93-85DDA028320C.jpeg
    94C4A417-8A9E-44BA-AD93-85DDA028320C.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 27
Geez, what a mess. Good on you for packing it out. People who leave trash out in public places like that are an embarassment to sportsmen. I always bring a garbage bag with me while fishing and more often than not it's full when I'm hiking out. Same when I shoot on public land. Lots of junk in the bed of my truck. :(

Good for you, this is one of the worst black eyes on target shooters out there. There was a BLM parcel near Yakima that had to be closed due to trash and unsafe shooting over people houses. Some local volunteers helped clean it up, filled up 3 industrial dumpsters just getting the big stuff, and nearly impossible to get all the scraps.

Good on you. That is a remarkable effort. And thanks for posting here.

The number of idiots doing this stuff on public/state land is stunning. I see another State section west of town is being converted to a junk yard for amateur skeet shooters. We were out filming and picked up boxes of 20 gauge empties and discarded empty clay pigeon boxes. It is impossible to do anything about the mounds of broken orange clays scattered all over.

Keep up the great work.

Good of you to pick up after the dumasses of the world. I’ve seen dirt bags drop of TVs and crap out in shooting areas and just leave. They weren’t even shooters. Then other people who are shooters end up shooting the crap that got left there by the dirtbags. Some shooters are dirtbags too and they bring crap to shoot too and leave it there. . If anybody reading this is one of those people then you are a douchebag and you would make a good chum block. .

Great job @Doublecluck
BTW, which is smaller minute-of-TV or minute-of-dryer? When I was a little kid I was fishing with one of my dad's friends. When we were about done he pulled out a couple of trash bags and told me to help him pick up trash. I remember thinking, 'if we have time to pick up other people's garbage then I have more time to fish.' Cal insisted and taught me a great lesson, I always bring back junk from fishing or hunting and have insisted my sons do the same.

I’ve been cleaning up BLM near me since I retired two years ago. It’s, unfortunately, a full time job. The local BLM office let’s me use their dumpsters and takes the tv tubes and monitors.

Slobs, we have them here to. I always pack more garbage back with me from a local gravel pit here that is close to town. If we don't keep them clean then they will probably close them up. If I am standing around waiting for barrels to cool off I pick up all the brass, shells I can.

I've been cleaning up a redneck shooting range near me for awhile now. Had my kids help when they were able. Heck, I even find some good brass to pick up. mtmuley

I've been cleaning up a redneck shooting range near me for awhile now. Had my kids help when they were able. Heck, I even find some good brass to pick up. mtmuley

We got 2 buckets worth from just 100 yard circle by the gate, mostly handgun/223 from the looks of it. Thinking of goin Back with my small kids spending a half day just picking up brass.

Daughter and some friends and I went out to do a little long range shooting. Little state section west of Bozeman open to target shooting. Whoever thinks it’s a good idea to shoot tv’s hopefully don’t reproduce. As the population grew in the places I grew up, the places we shot on public land were closed. I moved here to escape people trashing “our” land. So we filled a truck bed in about 30 mins. Think We’re going to go out once a month and clean it up.

View attachment 143469
Let me know if you need cash for landfill or what kind of beer you want. Your chose. Fyi I live in Bzn

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back