MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Tough little bastards!!!

RR,

Those are beavers, and you dont keep the tails on the pelts.

I used to really like trapping.

so my question was.... when hunting, game or non game, animals in ID are broad heads required?

Yes, no?

cmc

WH has his panties in a wad over nothing, I wish I had pics of the one I killed with an axe.

At least one thing was accomplished with this thread...we found one thing that Michaalr and Buzz can agree on. :D

Mike, next thing you know Buzz will be inviting you back to Wyoming to accompany him on an elk hunt.

Thanks for reminding me I need to get my bow out and embarrass myself at some 3D shoots! :D

Buzz- Love the trapping pictures. That is one thing I've always wanted to do and have never made the time.

That's always a fun shoot!

Killing anything with a field point is tough. I'd of done the same without hesitation.

I've only killed one badger. Called him right to 10 yards while calling for coyotes.

Personally I think it is a sweet pics and some nice shooting. I say kill all those hole diggin bastards. If I were in that position I would of pulled back also. Hope ID gets some more. HAPPY HUNTING

I say kill all those hole diggin bastards.

For some reason I thought of old elchsr and the survival section after reading that.

I used to shoot badgers when I saw them, but then I couldn't sleep at night. Same thing with prarie dogs etc. Now I just take their picture:

antelope004.jpg

Heck my favorite thing to do is call coyotes and I have a hard time even pulling the trigger on those things anymore. Heres one I called in a couple weeks ago (pic from video):

3.07002.jpg

But once in awhile I still pull the trigger, heres a nice lookin' male from the other day:

3.07005.jpg

To each his own on coyotes, but I'd rather let them raise their pups to adulthood and hunt the surplus in the fall and winter rather than kill them during the pup rearing stage. Unless you have a landowner, that's got coyote livestock problems that needs helped out. I can't stand the thought of a den of pups starving to death because I shot their parent. The hides just aren't worth a dane now. But hay you saved a thousand mice, and maybe a fawn or two.

fur3.JPG

I gotta ask...what's the official name of that hat?

Ken, I believe the proper name of that hat is "ass-hat". :D

I think shooting a Badger is fine, I have shot a couple in the past. But the point that WH makes about posting the pic with all the arrows sticking out of it. I agree, just give the antis a little more fuel for the fire. And if any of you think we are safe from their lobbies keep those kinds of posts coming.

On another subject, how many of you guys are members of the USSA? And am curious if not why.

WOW Buzz... they made fun of my hat a while back, I'm glad you posted that picture ;)

Do you think the Anti hunters care if you have a badger as an arrow holder dead or if ones laying dead in a neat setting ? Anti hunters don't like hunting, no matter what kind. It's the guys that ride the fence you need to worry bout. .. And they don't waste their time on hunting websites.

This is the hat Buzz wears when he rides his moped. The scarf around his neck is a gift from AZ402
bikerhat.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back