Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Top 8 bucks so far

kenton

These are the top 8 bucks (in order) on my wish list so far this year. Number 1 is the only buck that I don't have pictures of from years past. I really enjoy building a history with all of these different bucks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,188
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,230
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,304
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,166
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,233
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,239
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,268
I've hunted Ohio twice...it still never ceases to amaze me the difference between there and home in NC.

Beautiful pics tho and didn't mean to be negative . You'll have some bruisers in a few years

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I'd say you should be seeing some nice ones when season gets here! I had a buddy pull 2 cards last night at the river farm, so, I may have some pics tomorrow. LOL

Very nice! Definitely a lot of good choices. If you don't mind me asking, how big's the property?

I wouldn't be ashamed to take any of them.... I do agree however that another year or two would make them something special. Problem is you cant convince other hunters in the area to pass on them. Sometimes that can help make a decision.

Good luck, keep us updated along your journey.

These all came from one property that is a little over 300 acres. Last year, this property wasn't holding any good bucks, we had most of the above ones and some more mature ones move through but nothing seemed to stay. The buck in the third picture wasn't around at all but was in 2013; first time i've had zero pictures for over a year and then show up again. This year, these 8 bucks are on the property at least 5 days a week. My other properties had some very nice deer last year but absolutely nothing mature so far this year. I'm still holding some hope to find a new 200 incher to loose sleep over but it might not happen this year. It might be nice having a bigger group of deer to look for rather than spending the whole season after one buck.

You may have something huge show up later on I'm having same issue right now lots of bucks on camera I have 7 cams spread out over roughly 600 acres and it's all small- medium bucks but seems like every year I have something bigger show up in October

These all came from one property that is a little over 300 acres. Last year, this property wasn't holding any good bucks, we had most of the above ones and some more mature ones move through but nothing seemed to stay. The buck in the third picture wasn't around at all but was in 2013; first time i've had zero pictures for over a year and then show up again. This year, these 8 bucks are on the property at least 5 days a week. My other properties had some very nice deer last year but absolutely nothing mature so far this year. I'm still holding some hope to find a new 200 incher to loose sleep over but it might not happen this year. It might be nice having a bigger group of deer to look for rather than spending the whole season after one buck.
Sounds like quite the setup! Congrats! I'd love to have access to that much ground. Good luck and I hope you can find that 200"er!

I spent some time on my place yesterday getting some stuff planted. It's small enough that we don't really hold deer, but they do mosey through. Hope to get another one to walk in front of my son this year. Any antlers at all would be a sweet bonus!

I put in a couple of small plots this year on a powerline ROW on my property. They'll get bigger as time goes, but I was a bit limited by time and equipment this year. So, the beginning of June I disked up the areas and planted roundup ready soybeans.

I wanted something they'd eat and allow me to a way to clean up the weeds/grass. Seemed to work great! Here's a pic 3 weeks later. Beans are growing and getting eaten about as fast as they can grow.

I've sprayed the plots 2X and this past weekend spot sprayed again. I broadcast a mix of rape, turnips, winter peas, and buckwheat then ran it all over with the cultipacker. Hope enough of the beans spring back that they can feed the critters until the other stuff gets growing.

The first of Sept I plan on working on the larger plot at the bottom of the hill. I'll disk the beans under and plant oats, peas, triticale, and clover. My backup will be a couple bags of winter wheat or rye for the places stuff doesn't grow or where the deer eat them too fast.

plots look good 1_pointer. I do around 2-3 acres a year depending on what the ag fields are.

I'm hoping to get to that acreage eventually. I don't have a tractor and breaking new ground with a UTV and a 4' disk takes time. I'll open more next year...

Actually, the more foodplots I do, the less tractoring I do.

That's my plan and one of the reasons I planted the soybeans this year. I figure these will just get easier as the weed pressure gets less.

Spray (broadcast) and pray will be my new motto! ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back