Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Too tired these days....

Gunner46

Honestly, I can't seem to figure out why I've been soooo tired this week.

I know, I know, I just turned 60, and I have put on a few extra pounds this past year, But I've been losing some of that (broke the 190 barrier this week, Ya!).

Still....I only put in 40 hrs graveyard, at work, inside of 80. And, I got my allotment of 5 hrs sleep between the shifts.

To beat it all, I only walked 17 miles on my patrols !

Am I getting frikkin' soft, or something?

My Wy hunt is only 30 days away and I'm concerned................:eek:

Gunner,
. If nothing comes to mind that might be the cause of this then I'd recommend having blood work done. Hopefully it's just old age and nothing else :)

Chit Gunner!
I retired a year ago June 30th at 65 and I don't even know which way is up or down between the grand kids and my wife. I will say that the wife and my doc is saying I can't lose any more weight. Well, no spit! I am not grazing the break-room for leftovers after 16 years. A year of honey-do's/grands and no donuts/bagels can do that to a person.
If you have 30 days, hydrate, hydrate and try not to ingest anything sugary. Tons of fresh veggies. Easier said than done (I know it).

Bottom line is that you DO NOT push yourself on your hunt if you don't feel you are in good enough shape. Not worth it, been through it with a guy, and NOT fun.

Good luck to you and know that retirement will come and game on!

Hydrate,slow down and smell the elk...I'm 60,had a heart attack in Mar. and still going hunting,just slower and wiser.

At 63 I have slowed a lot.Had Bypass surgery 5 years ago,took a year off elk hunting but back at it just slower and don't get as far from the trails as I used to,mostly due to packing out an animal.

Don't over do it,but go and have fun.

I don't know how much you've been outside, but here on the farm its been miserable. I don't know why because the temps aren't too high. At the end of the day I'm exhausted and sweaty and I wake up just about as tired the next day. As others have said if it is really bothering you talk to your doctor. It could be as simple as a vitamin deficiency. I'll bet a few days chasing pronghorns will fix you right up. Take care of yourself. Also don't look at meb md. You will end up diagnosing yourself with some strange illness that nobody has heard of. I have a family member that does that all the time.

Back